Adjustment and Correction Demarcation Points in Dongba Hieroglyphic Feature Curves Segmentation
Dongba hieroglyph is a kind of very primitive picture hieroglyphs. Its picture features allow us to analyse the overall and local features of Dongba characters in combination with the existing feature extraction, simplification and segmentation algorithms for shape in computer vision. Moreover, the analysis of the local features of Dongba hieroglyphs play an important role in the study of Dongba hieroglyph’s writing, the evolution process of hieroglyphs and the comparison between similar hieroglyphs. Therefore, in this paper, we first use the Chain-Code Based Connected Domain Priority Marking Algorithm (CDPM) and the Discrete Curve Evolution Algorithm (DCE) to obtain the simplified feature curve of Dongba hieroglyph. Then, we focus on the selection and adjustment of demarcation points and local curve segmentation. And, the experiment proves that our method can further correct the potential errors in the curve segmentation, which is helpful to improve the correct rate of hieroglyph’s local feature extraction.
KeywordsDongba hieroglyphic feature curve Curve segmentation Demarcation points adjustment Demarcation points correction
This research was partially supported by the Scientific Research Fund of Yunnan Education Department (2018JS748).
- 1.He, L.M.: The research of Dongba culture heritage. Social Sciences in Yunnan (1), pp. 83–87 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Rock, J.F., Khi, N.: English encclopedic dictionary (Part I). Roma Istituto Italiano Peril Medio ed Estreme Prientale, Roma (1963)Google Scholar
- 3.Fang, G.Y., He, Z.W.: The Dictionary of Naxi Hieroglyphic. Yunnan People’s Publishing House, Kunming (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, L.C.: Pronunciation Dictionary of Naxi Hieroglyphic. Yunnan Nationalities Publishing House, Kunming (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Guo, H., Yin, J.H., Zhao, J.Y.: Feature dimension reduction of naxi pictograph recognition based on LDA. Int. J. Comput. Sci. 9(1), 90–96 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, Q., Wang, X., Keogh, E., Lee, S.H.: Augmenting the generalized hough transform to enable the mining of petroglyphs. In: Proceeding of ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery & Data Mining, pp. 1057–1066 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Chen, B.F., Qian, Z.F.: An algorithm for identifying convexity-concavity of a simple polygon. J. Comput. Aided Des. Comput. Graph. 2(14), 214–217 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Song, X.M., Cheng, C.X.: An Analysis and Investigation of Algorithms for Identifying Convexity-Concavity of a Simple Polygon. Remote Sens. Land Resour. 9(13), 25–30 (2011)Google Scholar