Design and Realization of 3D Virtual Campus Roaming System Based on Unity3D
In order to let the fresh students who have not entered university quickly understand the campus environment, we design and develop a virtual Central China Normal University (CCNU) campus roaming system. Firstly, collecting a large number photos of the campus, such as buildings and plants. Secondly, building three-dimensional (3D) models based on the photographs and maps, in the meantime, using Photoshop to deal with photos, letting the building looks as real as possible. Thirdly, putting the model into the Unity platform, and enabling it to achieve the interactive function. Finally, using computer to export the program, then the virtual operation roaming system has been finished. Compared with Baidu’s 3D map, our roaming system shows the real scene better, and also integrates multimedia introductory resources such as video and audio of each building on campus, which greatly improves the user experience.
KeywordsVirtual roaming Unity3D Virtual reality 3D map Digital campus
This work is financially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61605054, 61602390), Hubei Provincial Natural Science Foundation (No. 2014CFB659), and self-determined research funds of CCNU from the colleges’ basic research and operation of MOE (No. CCNU15A05023). Specific funding for education science research by self-determined research funds of CCNU from the colleges’ basic research and operation of MOE (No. CCNU16JYKX039).
- 1.Xie, Q., Ge, L., Wang, Z.: Design of the virtual reality roam system for ancient city. In: International Conference on Systems and Informatics, pp. 119–123. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, W., Yang, R.: Fast texture mapping adjustment via local/global optimization. IEEE Trans. Visual Comput. Graphics 99, 1–7 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Huang, Y.: Virtual reality technology based on Unity3D yuelu academy 3D roaming design. Hunan University (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Nelimarkka, P.: Teaching Unity3D in game programming module. In: International Conference on Serious Games Development and Applications, pp. 61–71. Springer (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Kuang, Y., Jiang, J., Shen, H.: Study on the virtual natural landscape walkthrough by using Unity3D. In: IEEE International Symposium on VR Innovation, pp. 235–238. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar