Social Book Recommendation Algorithm Based on Improved Collaborative Filtering
Recommendation is one of the new personalized services in social book search system that assists the user to find the appropriate books. This paper proposes an improved collaborative filtering recommendation algorithm based on the user interest objects, which try to settle the cold start problems of traditional collaborative filtering. Firstly, set up a book retrieval system. Then, use the traditional collaborative filtering algorithm to calculate the recommended collection of books (Bc). Next, get the collection of user interest objects, calculate the similarity, and get the recommended collection of books (Bi). Finally, reorder the books of the set Bc and the set Bi according to certain weights, and get the first ten books as the books that are finally recommended to users. Experiments on real-world datasets results show that the proposed algorithm improves the performance of the collaborative filtering algorithms.
KeywordsSocial book Recommendation Collaborative filtering Cold start
This work was partly supported by Research on Stability Analysis of a Type of PWM Feedback Time Delay System No. XL201510, Matlab PWM system simulation and application JAT160507 and Research on Information Hiding Technology based on DeepLearning JT180546.
- 1.Bellot, P., Doucet, A., Geva, S., Gurajada, S., Kamps, J., Kazai, G., Koolen, M., Mishra, A., Moriceau, V., Mothe, J., Preminger, M., SanJuan, E., Schenkel, R., Tannier, X., Theobald, M., Trappett, M., Wang, Q.Y.: Overview of INEX 2013. In: International Conference of the Cross-Language Evaluation Forum for European Languages, pp. 269–281. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Bellot, P., Bogers, T., Geva, S., Hall, M., Huurdeman, H., Kamps, J., Kazai, G., Koolen, M., Moriceau, V., Mothe, J., Preminger, M., SanJuan, E., Schenkel, R., Skov, M., Tannier, X., Walsh, D.: Overview of INEX 2014. In: Kanoulas, E., et al. (eds.) Information Access Evaluation. Multilinguality, Multimodality, and Interaction, pp. 212–228. Springer, Cham (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Resnick, P., Iacovou, N., Suchak, M., Bergstrom, P.: GroupLens: an open architecture for collaborative filtering of netnews. In: ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, pp. 175–186. ACM (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Wei, S., Ye, N., Zhang, S., Bergstrom, P.: Item-based collaborative filtering recommendation algorithm combining item category with interestingness measure. In: International Conference on Computer Science and Service System, pp. 2038–2041. IEEE Computer Society (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Breese, J.S., Heckerman, D., Kadie, C.: Empirical analysis of predictive algorithms for collaborative filtering. In: Fourteenth Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 43–52. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc. (1998)Google Scholar