An Energy-Balancing Based Clustering Method in Sensor Networks for IoT Sensing and Monitoring
The Internet of Things (IoT) sensors have been widely applied into human social activities for a long time. To better use the limited energy resource, an energy-balancing based cluster-head alternatively selecting and cluster-node evenly clustering strategy is proposed in this paper. First, the optimal number of cluster nodes is obtained through simulation. Then, the weights for each cluster-head node are set according to the proposed strategy to balance the remaining energy of IoT sensor in the entire network. The simulation results show that, compared with the traditional clustering algorithm, the proposed clustering algorithm can balance energy consumption and extend life-time of the whole sensor network.
KeywordsInternet of Things sensors Energy-balancing Clustering strategy
This work was supported by the Science and Technology Project of State Grid Jiangsu Electric Power Co., Ltd. (J2017072) and the National Science and Technology Major Project (2017ZX03001013).
- 1.Yang, X.: In-depth discussion on transmission line condition monitoring system. Sci. Technol. Inf. (30), 20 (2008). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Bakaraniya, P., Sheetal, M.: K-LEACH: an improved LEACH protocol for, lifetime improvement in WSN. Int. J. Eng. Trends Technol. 4(5), 1521–1526 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Beiranvand, Z., Patooghy, A., Fazeli, M.: I-LEACH: an efficient routing algorithm to improve performance & to reduce energy consumption in Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Information and Knowledge Technology, pp. 13–18. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Upadhyay, A., Kumar, R., Tiwari, S.K.: Modified LEACH protocol for sensor network. In: International Conference on Futuristic Trends on Computational Analysis and Knowledge Management, pp. 301–304. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Sarma, H.K.D., Rai, P., Deka, B.: Energy efficient communication protocol for wireless sensor networks with mobile node. In: Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Paul, A.K., Sato, T.: Effective data gathering and energy efficient communication protocol in wireless sensor network. In: International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar