TDOA Time Delay Estimation Algorithm Based on Cubic Spline Interpolation
In order to solve the fence effect caused by the fixed number of sampling points in the passive time difference positioning system in practical applications, a TDOA time delay estimation algorithm based on cubic spline interpolation is proposed. The algorithm uses cubic spline interpolation to interpolate the spectral peak curve of the cross-correlation function. While ensuring the stability and convergence, the spectral peak curve is smoother, the accuracy of the peak value is improved, and the accurate time delay estimation of the signal source is further obtained. The measured results show that the TDOA time delay estimation method based on cubic spline interpolation can solve the fence effect well and obtain the time delay estimation value accurately. This method can use the algorithm to improve the time delay estimation accuracy under the condition that the hardware sampling rate is fixed, thus reducing the dependence of passive time difference positioning on the system hardware.
KeywordsTDOA Fence effect Cubic spline interpolation Sampling rate
This study is supported by Youth Science Foundation of Lanzhou Jiaotong University under Grant No. 2018003, Scientific Research plan projects of Gansu Education Department under Grant (2017C-09), Lanzhou Science and Technology Bureau under Grant (2018-1-51).
- 3.Wu, J., Lu, Y., Dai, W.: Off-grid compressed sensing for WiFi-based passive radar. In: IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, pp. 258–262 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Nonsakhoo, W., Sirisawat, P., Saiyod, S., Benjamas, N.: Angle of arrival estimation by using stereo ultrasonic technique for local positioning system. In: IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing & ITS Applications, pp. 112–117 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Patzold, M., Gutierrez, C. A.: Modelling and analysis of non-stationary multipath fading channels with time-variant angles of arrival. In: Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Nguyen, T.T.T., Denney, K.A., Syuhei, O., Nagao, Y., Kurosaki, M., Ochi, H.: High-accuracy positioning system based on ToA for industrial wireless LAN. In: NAFOSTED Conference on Information and Computer Science, pp. 37–41 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Meyer, F., Tesei, A., Win, M.Z.: Localization of multiple sources using time-difference of arrival measurements. In: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 3151–3155. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Adelipour, S., Hamdollahzadeh, M., Behnia, F.: Constrained optimization of sensors trajectories for moving source localization using TDOA and FDOA measurements. In: RSI International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, pp. 200–204. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Jing, S.Y., Feng, X., Zhang, Y.H.: Study of a generalized cross-correlation time delay estimation based acoustic positioning algorithm. Tech. Acoust. 33(05), 464–468 (2014). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Jin, Z.W., Jiang, M.S., Sui, Q.M., Yaozhang, S., Shizeng, L.U., Cao, Y., Cao, Y.Q., Zhang, F.Y., Jia, L.: Acoustic emission localization technique based on generalized cross-correlation time difference estimation algorithm. Chin. J. Sens. Actuators 26(11), 1513–1518 (2013). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, J.X., Tang, J.N., Lang, Y.X.: Approach for time delay location of UHF signals of GIS partial discharge based on Interpolating cross-correlation function. High Volt. Appar. 54(02), 62–67 (2018). (in Chinese)Google Scholar