Technology has increased due to the fast growth of the population, because of human demand. Man is in a kind of examination with his environment and world. At this point, the concept of sustainability needs to be understood. It is desirable to understand sustainability and its effects in aviation with this book. In this chapter, basic concepts about sustainability are described.
KeywordsFundamentals Environmental sustainability Economic sustainability Social sustainability
- 1.Brundtland GH (1987) Report of the World Commision on Environment and Development “Out CommonFuture”, pp. 11–17, https://sswm.info/sites/default/files/reference_attachments/UN%20WCED%201987%20Brundtland%20Report.pdf
- 2.Sledsens T (1998) Sustainable aviation: the need for a European environmental aviation charge, T&E 98(1). European Federation for Transport and Environment, BrusselsGoogle Scholar
- 3.IPCC (1999) IPCC special report. Aviation and the global atmosphere: summary for policymakers. https://www.ipcc.ch/report/aviation-and-the-global-atmosphere-2/
- 4.Adams WM The future of sustainability: re-thinking environment and development in the twenty-first century. Revised: 22 May 2006, http://cmsdata.iucn.org/downloads/iucn_future_of_sustanability.pdf. Accessed 10 Sep 2018
- 5.Paschek F (2015) Urban sustainability in theory and practice-circles of sustainability. Town Plan Rev 86(6):745Google Scholar
- 6.EPA. http://www.epa.gov/sustainability/basicinfo.htm. Accessed 10 Sep 2018