Transition to Electronic Procedures for Government and Municipal Procurement in the Course of National Economy Modernization
The introduction of legislative regulation of contracting procurement and transition to electronic procedures for selection of contractors showed as a matter of practice an obvious increase in the efficiency of government procurement both for commercial area and for contracting authorities, and as a result for economic situation in the country. Purpose of the study: To investigate the peculiarities, performances, positive and negative aspects of the methods to select contractors through e-procedures in the contracting procurement system. Methodology: we employed systemic analysis and comparative-law method. Results: The author’s standpoint grounded herein is based on the legislation and the opinions of qualified scientific community on of current methods to select contractors and expansion of the list of e-procedures for such selection. For regular and useful update of the legal rules governing electronic procurement, it is necessary to establish a basic legal framework that could be amended and added in the future with the application of gradual approach rather than a drastic one. Conclusion/recommendations: The list of electronic methods for the selection of contractors in federal and municipal procurement of goods, works and services was added from the effective date of the Federal Law of the Russian Federation in the early 2018 on amendments made to federal and municipal procurement of goods, works and services. Undoubtedly, the electronic procurement has a number of advantages: increasing level of competition, lower price to be paid from the budget, decreasing interference of commissioners with relevant procedures, dramatic reduction of corruption and risk of collusion, higher transparency of the entire procurement process. However, one should not forget about possible negative implications of diffusion of electronic procedures, since the load on a uniform information system will rise sharply, which will jeopardize a timely planning and execution of contracts.
KeywordsContracting system Ordering customer Government and municipal procurement Ways of government order placing E-services Electronic procurement procedures
JEL ClassificationK150 K120 K2
The publication reflects the research results of the scientific project “Priorities for optimizing and eliminating imbalances in the sector’s structure of the economy of the Volgograd region” within the framework of the state scientific grant of the Volgograd region in the form of subsidy No. 8 of December 18, 2017 commissioned by the Economic Policy and Development Committee of the Volgograd region.
- 1.Inshakova, A. O., Marchukov, I., & Svestyanov, M. (2016). Common energy policy and mechanisms aimed at unification of legal regulation related to foreign trade turnover of BRICS energy resources. Journal of Advanced Research in Law and Economics. VII(7 (21)), 1691–1699.Google Scholar
- 2.Ershova, I. V., & Tarasenko, O. A. (2018). Small and medium-sized enterprises: transformation of the russian crediting and microfinancing system, Bulletin of Perm University. Legal science, (Vol. 39, pp. 99–124).Google Scholar
- 3.Dobrecov, G. B. (2015). Methods of procurement. [textbook]. Krasnoyarsk.Google Scholar
- 4.Samoilov, I. V. (2017), The uniqueness of the works to ensure public procurement. Journal of Law. 5. 82–90.Google Scholar
- 5.Chagina, K. G. (2015). Features of the competition with limited participation, Jurist, 24, 39–46.Google Scholar
- 6.Ivanov, I. (2018). Statistics of the two-stage competition in Russia, URL: http://xn—7sbbaj7auwnffhk.xn–p1ai/article/17599. Accessed date: September 10, 2018.Google Scholar
- 7.Grigoriev, V. (2018). Types of tenders, URL: http://kakzarabativat.ru/tender/osnovnye-vidy-tenderov-kakimi-byvayut-elektronnye-konkursy/. Accessed date: September 6, 2018.
- 8.Bogackaya, S. (2018). “Request for proposals”, URL: http://auctionvestnik.ru/node/165. Accessed date: September 6, 2018.
- 9.Miloslavskii, V. G., Dzumagishiev, S. K., & Kaziev, T. P. (2016). “Tenders: status, trends and prospects”, Young scientist, (Vol. 27, pp. 451–461).Google Scholar
- 10.Inshakova, A. O., Goncharov, A. I., Mineev, O. A., & Sevostyanov, M. V. (2017). Amendments to the civil code of the Russian Federation: contradictions of theory and practice,(pp. 147–153). Contributions to Economics. Russia and the European Union: Development and Perspectives Number XIII.Google Scholar
- 11.Popkova, E. G. (2017). Economic and legal foundations of modern russian society: a new institutional theory. Advances in Research on Russian Business and Management, Charlotte (North Carolina), USA: Information Age Publishing.Google Scholar