Color Medical Image Compression Techniques
This chapter covers various conventional and CS theory-based compression techniques for medical images. These techniques are implemented using image transforms such as DCT, DWT, and hybridization of it. The chapter also gives a performance analysis of these techniques using various evaluations parameters such as CR, RMSE, and PSNR.
KeywordsColor medical image Color space Compressive sensing Compressed color medical image
- 1.Kaur, A., & Kaur, J. (2012). comparison of DCT and DWT of Image Compression Techniques. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, 1(4), 49–52.Google Scholar
- 2.Gonzalez, R. C., & Woods, R. E. (2002). Digital image processing (pp. 409–492). Upper Saddle River: Pearson-Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- 3.Munir, R. (2017, November). Comparison of secret color image sharing based on XOR operation in RGB and YCbCr color model. In Electrical Engineering and Informatics (ICEEI), 2017 6th International Conference on (pp. 1–6). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 4.Pujar, J. H., & Kadlaskar, L. M. (2010). A new lossless method of image compression and decompression using Huffman coding techniques. Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, 15.Google Scholar
- 6.For Brain MRI Image: https://onlinecourses.science.psu.edu/stat414/node/202. Last Access Month: September 2017.
- 7.For Body CT Image: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/65302263319817052/. Last Access Month: September 2017.