Exploratory Study: How Social Networks Effect the Purchasing Intentions of Moroccan Consumers?
This article aims to explain the effect of content broadcast on social networks on the purchasing intentions of Moroccan consumers. To do so, the authors conducted a survey on 500 social networks users in Morocco in 2018. Results show that there’s a huge impact of shared content on the purchasing decisions. This study will also help to determine the factors that influence the decisions of Moroccan consumers on social media channels. Due to the current economic situation in Morocco caused by the stop of purchase of some products by the customers, this study can help the professionals find some measures to take into account for their future communication campaigns.
KeywordsSocial networks Content Communities Media
The authors thank all participants for their involvement and collaboration by completing the questionnaire to build the necessary empirical database for this study.
- 1.Kotler P, Kartajaya H, Setiawan I, Vandercammen M (2017) Marketing 4.0, Edition nouveaux horizonsGoogle Scholar
- 3.Lenhart A (2009) Adults and social network websites. Pew Research Center, ReportGoogle Scholar
- 5.Statista (2018) Number of social media users worldwide from 2010 to 2021 (in billions). Statista – The statistic portalGoogle Scholar
- 6.Masouras A, Papademetriou C (2018) Digital consumer behaviour in Cyprus: from uses and gratifications theory to 4c’s online shopping approach. J Advert Public Relat 1:32–42Google Scholar
- 7.Antoniadis I, Saprikis V, Poltitis K (2014) Investigating internet users’ perceptions towards online shopping: an empirical study on Greek university students. In: Proceedings of the international conference on contemporary marketing issues (ICCMI), Athens, pp 873–879Google Scholar
- 9.Hauben M (1992) The net and netizens: the impact the net has on people’s livesGoogle Scholar