Optimization of Polar Codes in Virtual MIMO Systems
Decode and Forward Mode (DF) is one of the best cooperation techniques used for half duplex relay channels. In this article, we propose a scheme DF low complexity based on polar codes, using a special technique: a decoder by the successive cancellation list (SCL) assisted by a cyclic redundancy check (CRC). With this proposal, the decoder at the relay node is designed to reduce decoding errors by exploiting the CRC detection technique and the probability of metric of L candidate decoding paths. Simulation results show that our scheme outperforms in terms of bit error rate some previous work, especially when the source-relay channel is a high SNR region.
KeywordsDecode and forward Polar codes Successive cancellation list Cyclic redundancy check
- 2.Diop, I., Ndiaye, I.P., Fall, P.A., Diallo, M.: Optimization of LDPC codes used in cooperative relay systems: case of mobile telephony. In: IEEE Conference International Symposium on Networks, Computers and Communications (ISNCC) 2017Google Scholar
- 9.Soliman, T., Yang, F., Ejaz, S Almslmany, A.: Decode-and-forward thriller coding scheme for receive diversity: a relay retransmission partially perfect for half-duplex wireless relay channels. IET Commun. 11(2), 185–191 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Madhusudhanan, N, Nithyanandan, L.: Compress-and-forward relaying with polar codes for LTE-A system. In: International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, 3–5 April 2014, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- 11.Tal, I., Vardy, A.: List decoding of polar codes. In: Proceedings of IAS International Symposium on Information Theory Proceedings (ISIT), Aug 2011Google Scholar
- 12.Tal, I., Vardy, A.: List decoding of polar codes. Proc. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory. 61, 2213–2226 (2015)Google Scholar