Dimensioning of the Coldroom of a Solar Adsorption Cooling System Using Moroccan Climate Data
The present study proposes a contribution to the optimization of solar adsorption cooling system, which is a process that produces cold using solar thermal heat energy, this process is based on the phenomenon of adsorption that occur when a balance is established between an adsorbate/adsorbante. This kind of system can be used to save the quality of perishable goods such as meat and vegetables. In this paper the dimensions of the coldroom which is the most important part of this system is studied.
The aim of this study is to determine the influence of the insulation thickness of the coldroom, in order to increase system performance.
The model developed in this paper helps to determine the optimal insulation thickness using the ambient temperature, the thermal conductivity and the cooling load, through different kind of insulators of different conductivity values, and using Moroccan climate data. Taking into account these parameters the insulation thickness of 12 cm with wood wool which is an environment friendly material will makes it possible to reduce the heat transferred to the cold room.
KeywordsThermal energy Cold room Insulation thickness
- 6.Tchernev, D.I.: Solar energy application of natural zeolites. NASA STI/Recon Technical report A, vol. 79, pp. 479–485 (1978)Google Scholar
- 7.Benelmir, R., Merabtine, A., Descieux, D.: Energy tri-generation: combined gas cogeneration/solar cooling. Int. J. Therm. Environ. Eng. 4(2), 157–163 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Sakadura, J.F.: Initiation aux Transferts Thermiques, (Introudction to Thermal Transfers), Edition Techniques et Documentation (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Meteotest: Meteonorm version 6.1 – handbook. www.meteonorm.com. Last Accessed 05 Apr 2018
- 12.Oliva, J.P.: L’isolation écologique: Conception, matériaux, mise en œuvre, (Ecological Insulation: Conception, materials, Implementation). Edition Terre Vivante (2001)Google Scholar