Big Data and Advanced Analytics
Today a huge amount of data is collected and added in modern information system each day which become difficult to manage as it keeps on growing. To manage such type of data, Big Data and its emerging technology have been used. Big Data with their potential have attracted substantial interest both in academics and practitioners. Many organizations have adopted big data analytics which has become the trending practice to construct valuable information from data. The Analytic process uses big data Tools, and an organization uses such tools to improve operational efficiency to derive new revenue streams and to get competitive advantage over business rivals.
Also, Business Intelligence has captured more market in academic, e-commerce, and business over the last decades. Business Intelligence (BI) is facing challenges due to the latest development of big data which uses big data analytics to enhance BI.
Given the significant nature of both big data and big data Analytics, The main objective of this paper is to discuss the advanced analytics techniques and challenges.
KeywordsBig Data Business Intelligence Advanced analytics
- 1.Mukherjee, S., Shaw, R.: Big data–concepts, applications, challenges and future scope. Int. J. Adv. Res. Comput. Commun. Eng. 5(2), 66–74 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Chawda, R.K., Thakur, G.: Big data and advanced analytics tools. In: Symposium on Colossal Data Analysis and Networking (CDAN) (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Elgendy, N., Elragal, A.: Big data analytics: a literature review paper. In: ICDM 2014: Advances in Data Mining. Applications and Theoretical Aspects, pp. 214–227 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Singal, H., Kohli, S., Sharma, A.K.: Web analytics: state-of-art & literature assessment. In: 2014 5th International Conference- Confluence the Next Generation Information Technology Summit (Confluence) (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Kaisler, S., Armour, F., Espinosa, J.A., Money, W.: Big data: issues and challenges moving forward. In: HICSS 2013, Proceedings of the 2013 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 995–1004 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Big Data Analytics. An Oracle White Paper, March 2013Google Scholar
- 12.Arora, Y., Goyal, D.: Big data: a review of analytics methods & techniques. In: 2nd International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I) (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Dwyer, C., Zhang, Y., Hiltz, S.R.: Using web analytics to measure the activity in a research-oriented online community. In: Tenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, New York, August 2004Google Scholar
- 15.Thomas, J., Cook, K.: Illuminating the Path: Research and Development Agenda for Visual Analytics. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar