A Sales Route Optimization Mobile Application Applying a Genetic Algorithm and the Google Maps Navigation System
Nowadays, the Route Optimization Problem (ROP) is one of the most studied combinational optimization problems that researchers study. Although it is easy to define, its solution is hard. Therefore, it is one of the NP-hard problems in the research literature. It can be used to solve real-life problems such as route planning and scheduling, and transportation and logistics applications. Using the optimal tour results in efficient use of time and fuel. This paper aims to develop an Android Application that can provide optimal tour (shortest distance) to visit a set of clients. Genetic Algorithm is used to solves the problem and is implemented using the Google API and Android OS. The source code of the application is available at url https://github.com/Genethh/VentasExpress.
KeywordsSales route optimization Genetic Algorithms Minimarkets Distribution
- 1.Bryant, K., Benjamin, A.: Genetic algorithms and the traveling salesman problem, pp. 10–12. Department of Mathematics, Harvey Mudd College (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Garey, M.R.: Computers and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness. W. H. Freeman & Co., New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Helshani, L.: An android application for Google map navigation system, solving the travelling salesman problem, optimization throught genetic algorithm. In: Velencei, J. (ed.) Proceedings of FIKUSZ 2015, pp. 89–102. Faculty of Business and Management, Óbuda University, Keleti (2015). https://ideas.repec.org/h/pkk/sfyr15/89-102.html
- 7.Narwadi, T., Subiyanto: An application of traveling salesman problem using the improved genetic algorithm on android Google Maps. In: AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 1818, p. 020035. AIP Publishing (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Razali, N.M., Geraghty, J., et al.: Genetic algorithm performance with different selection strategies in solving TSP. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, vol. 2, pp. 1134–1139. International Association of Engineers Hong Kong (2011)Google Scholar