Iterative Learning Control
The chapter presents original research results in the area of nonlinear iterative-learning control. We propose a novel ILC scheme developed using neural networks. The following two cases are described: dynamic and static learning controllers and in both cases the controller is designed in such a way as to minimize the tracking error. This task is accomplished by an appropriate training of the neural controller after each repetition of the control system. Additionally, the chapter contains both the stability and convergence analysis of the proposed nonlinear ILC. The portrayed control strategies are tested on the examples of a pneumatic servomechanism and a magnetic suspension system.
- 12.Kowalów, D., Patan, M.: Optimal sensor selection for model identification in iterative learning control of spatio-temporal systems. In: 21st IEEE Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics (MMAR), pp. 70–75 (2016)Google Scholar
- 20.Patan, K., Patan, M.: Design and convergence of iterative learning control based on neural networks. In: Proceedings of the European Control Conference, ECC 2018, Limassol, Cyprus (2018)Google Scholar
- 21.Patan, K., Patan, M., Kowalów, D.: Neural networks in design of iterative learning control for nonlinear systems. In: IFAC Papers On-line, 20th IFAC World Congress, Toulouse, France, vol. 50, pp. 13402–13407 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.2277
- 27.Uchiyama, M.: Formulation of high-speed motion pattern of a mechanical arm by trial. Trans. SICE (Soc. Instrum. Contr. Eng.) 14(6), 706–712 (1978)Google Scholar
- 29.Xu, J.X., Tan, Y.: Linear and Nonlinear Iterative Learning Control for Deterministic Systems. Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, vol. 291. Springer, Berlin (2003)Google Scholar