Bayesian Compressed Sensing for IoT: Application to EEG Recording
Internet of Things (IoT) is a hot research topic since several years. IoT has gained a large interest in many application fields such as digital health, smart agriculture or industry. The main focus of the IoT community remains the design of appropriate applications and performant connected objects. In this paper, we address this topic from a signal processing viewpoint. We propose a model to perfom compressed sensing with connected objects where energy and communication constraints araise. The proposed model is formulated in a Bayesian framework and promising results demonstrate its potential in application to EEG signal recording from a connected MindWave device.
KeywordsIoT Compressed sensing Biomedical signal processing
- 1.Amarlingam M, Mishra PK, Prasad KVVD, Rajalakshmi P (2016) Compressed sensing for different sensors: a real scenario for wsn and IoT. In: 2016 IEEE 3rd World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), Dec 2016, pp. 289–294Google Scholar
- 2.Chaari L, Tourneret JY, Batatia H (2013) Sparse Bayesian regularization using Bernoulli-Laplacian priors. In: Proceedings of European Signal Procesing. Conference (EUSIPCO), Marrakech, 9–13 Sept 2013, pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 5.Gramfort A (2009) Mapping, timing and tracking cortical activations with MEG and EEG: methods and application to human vision. Ph.D. thesis. http://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00426852/fr/
- 8.Mhaske M, Shelke S, Kulkarni B, Salunke R (2016) Compressed sensing forIoT application. Int J Eng Technol Manag Appl Sci 4(2):184–187Google Scholar
- 11.YIN Y, Zeng Y, Chen X, Fan Y (2016) The internet of things in healthcare: an overview. J Ind Inf Integr 1:3–13Google Scholar