Have the Lessons About Crisis Processes in the Russian Economy Been Learned?
The contribution presents the analysis of the crisis phenomena in the Russian economy in 2014–2016 as several interrelated economic processes, the problem of potential recovery mechanisms and theoretical and methodological approaches to develop anti-crisis tools for a country dominated by the primary sector. The study is based on the use of comparative analysis of the main features of systemic financial crises in the countries of Southeast Asia in 1997–1999 and the Russian Federation in 2014–2016 and emphasizes the relevant models of the systemic financial crisis for the Russian Federation.
KeywordsSystemic financial crisis International capital flows Shock of foreign trade Anti-crisis policy instruments
- Amirov, D.V., Sherstnev, M.A.: Financial shocks of the 90s: New Challenges of the Globalization Epoch/Modern Problems of the World Economy: The Mechanism of Movement. A Collection of Scientific Papers. In: Meshcherov, A.V. (ed.), pp. 18–38. OJSC “SMVB”, Samara (2001)Google Scholar
- Dornbusch, R.: Expectations and exchange rate dynamics. J. Polit. Econ. 84(6), 1161–1176. (1976). https://doi.org/10.1086/260506
- International Monetary Fund: Capital Flows—Review of Experience with the Institutional View. International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C. https://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2016/110416a.pdf (2016). Accessed 10 Feb 2018
- International Monetary Fund: The Liberalization and Management of Capital Flows—An Institutional View. International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C. http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2012/111412.pdf (2012). Accessed 10 Feb 2018
- Lorenzoni, G.: International Financial Crises. In: Gopinath, G., Rogoff, K. (eds.) Handbook of International Economics, pp. 689–740. Elsevier (2015)Google Scholar
- Saxena, S.C.: The changing nature of currency crises. J. Econ. Surv. 18, 321–350. (2004). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0950-0804.2004.00224.x
- The Bank of Russia: Press release of the Bank of Russia dated December 17, 2014. On Measures of the Bank of Russia to Maintain the Sustainability of the Russian Financial Sector (2014)Google Scholar
- The Bank of Russia: The Overview of Financial Stability. IV Quarter 2014 - I Quarter of 2015, Moscow (2015)Google Scholar
- The Government of the Russian Federation: The Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of January 27, No. 98 r (2015)Google Scholar