Collaborative Platform for Urban Transport Engineering, Praia Case Study
The present paper proposes a design of a collaborative platform for urban transport exploitation. The platform is built based on the combined use of web services and statistical analysis to have an integration of maintenance activities within the fleet operation. The solution is developed taking into consideration the available resources and infrastructure of a bus fleet operating in Praia city in Cape Verde. The target is the development of an e-platform for cooperative information of buses based transport system to improve the exploitation efficiency. The development of the paper, demonstrate the potential of the use of smart devices to aggregate the data, and interact with other physical objects/devices by the use of the telematics technology and internet of things, to support the improvement of bus fleet exploitation process.
KeywordsFleet exploitation platform Transport engineering Maintenance
The work has been financially supported by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education in the year 2018.
- 5.Lindley, R., Higgins, P.E.: Maintenance Engineering Handbook, 5th edn. McGraw-Hill Inc., New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Monteiro, T.C., Szpytko, J.: Selected problems of control the urban transport system. Cape Verde case study. Logistyka. 4, 4977–4983 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.UN-OHRLLS: Small Island developing states. One United Nations Plaza, 1, 2–28 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.SolAtlantico home page. https://solatlantico.cv
- 12.Monteiro, T.C., Szpytko, J.: Developing innovation thought data collection and analyses. J. KONES. 24, 1231–4005 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Szpytko, J., Kocerba, A.: Availability as the indicator of the operation reliability (Gotowość jako wskaźnik niezawodności eksploatacyjnej). Polish Academy of Sciences, pp. 325–333 (2008)Google Scholar