Two-Grid Newton Algorithms for a System of Heat Conducting Gas Equations
We present two-grid Newton’s algorithms for solving gas dynamics coupled with non-linear heat conduction problems. The algorithms involve solving one small, non-linear coarse mesh system and one linear problem on a fine mesh. We also examine a two-grid method combined with Richardson extrapolation. Test examples compare the efficiency of the proposed algorithms.
KeywordsGas dynamics Conservative difference schemes Newton linearization Two-grid method Richardson extrapolation
This research is supported by the Bulgarian National Science Fund under Bilateral Project DNTS/Russia 02/12 “Development and investigation of finite-difference schemes of higher order of accuracy for solving applied problems of fluid and gas mechanics, and ecology” from 2018.
- 5.Jovanovic, B., Koleva, M.N., Vulkov, L.G.: Application of the two-grid method to a heat radiation problem. In: AIP CP, vol. 1186, pp. 352–360 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Koleva, M.N.: A two-grid algorithm for implementation of fully conservative difference schemes of the gas dynamics equations. In: AIP CP, vol. 1067, pp. 262–270 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Koleva, M.N., Vulkov, L.G.: A two-grid approximation of an interface problem for the nonlinear Poisson-Boltzmann equation. In: Margenov, S., Vulkov, L.G., Waśniewski, J. (eds.) NAA 2008. LNCS, vol. 5434, pp. 369–376. Springer, Heidelberg (2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-00464-3_41CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Povechenko, Y.A., Popov, Y.P., Samarskaya, E.A.: Iterative methods for solving difference schmes for equations of gas dynamics with heat conductivity. Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 22(4), 903–912 (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Samarskii, A., Popov, Y.: Difference Methods for Solution of Problems of Gas Dynamics. Nauka, Moscow (1st edn. 1980, 2nd edn. 1992) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 12.Vakulchik, P., Schorec, A.: Convergence of the Newton method for finite difference schemes for gas dynamics equations with heat transfer. Diff. Eqns. 11, 1149–1155 (1986). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.Vulkov, L.: On the realization and convergence of difference schemes for the nonlinear viscoelasticity equations. Diff. Uravnenia 27(1), 1123–1132 (1991). (in Russian)Google Scholar