Nomadic School: Problem of Access to Quality Education
The article is devoted to problems of accessibility to quality education in small nomadic schools. In this paper the problems of nomadic schools are considered from the point of view of current modernization processes, taking place in the Russian Federation in the field of general secondary and higher professional education. Herein we consider the problems of small schools, including nomadic, which teach children of small peoples of the North. The development of nomadic schools, in our opinion, should be considered comprehensively, not as a separate segment, but in the context of improving the quality of life and well-being of the Arctic territories inhabitants who live in severe climatic conditions.
In the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), there are 11 nomadic schools and kindergartens in places of compact residence of small peoples of the Russian North. They are created to preserve the languages, original culture and traditions of small peoples. In the near future, two more schools may appear, this issue is being worked out in the Ministry of Education and Science of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia) and two municipalities.
KeywordsSmall educational organizations Indigenous peoples Nomadic school Places of compact residence of small peoples Regional and ethno-cultural features Minority languages
- 1.Belolyubskaya, V.G.: Yazyki korennyh narodov severa: istoriya i sovremennost [The Languages of the indigenous peoples of the North: history and contemporaneity]. Higher education in Russia 5, Moscow, 110–115 (2014). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Federalnyj zakon “Zakon ob obrazovanii v Rossijskoj Federacii [Federal Law on education in the Russian Federation]. № 273-FZ dated 29 December 2012 (as amended in 2017). http://www.zakon-ob-obrazovanii.ru. Accessed 10 Nov 2018. (in Russian)
- 3.Dissertacionnyj Sovet [Dissertation Council] Homepage. North-Eastern Federal University, Yakutsk, Russia. https://www.s-vfu.ru/universitet/rukovodstvo-i-struktura/strukturnye-podrazdeleniya/unir/otdel-dissertatsionnykh-sovetov/dissertatsionnye-sovety/pn/sostav/. Accessed 10 Oct 2018. (in Russian)
- 4.Zakon Respubliki Saha (Yakutiya) “O kochevoi semje” [Law of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia) “On nomadic family”]. № 1660-Z №963-V dated 15 June 2016 (as amended in 2017). http://www.docs.cntd.ru/document/439090024. Accessed 10 Nov 2018. (in Russian)
- 5.Lekhanova, F.M.: Polozhenie yazykov korennyh malochislennyh narodov Severa, Sibiri i Dalnego Vostoka v Rossijskoj Federacii [The provision of the indigenous peoples of the North, Siberia and the Far East of the Russian Federation] (2018). http://www.ifapcom.ru/files/publications/lehanova.pdf. Accessed 10 Nov 2018. (in Russian)
- 6.Neustroev, N.D.: Specifika podgotovki tyutora-pedagoga dlya malokomplektnoj i kochevoj shkoly Severo-Vostoka Rossii v vuze [The specificity of the tutor-teacher training for small and nomadic school at the University of the North-East of Russia]. Research and innovation center, Krasnoyarsk (2015). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.Putin, V.V.: Vystuplenie na IV Mezhdunarodnom arkticheskom forume “Arktika territoriya dialoga” [Speech at the IV international Arctic forum “The Arctic-the territory of a dialogue”] 30 March, Moscow [Online] (2017). http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/54149. Accessed 10 Nov 2018. (in Russian)
- 8.Robbek, V.A.: Koncepciya sistemy kochevyh obrazovatelnyh uchrezhdenij Respubliki Saha (Yakutiya) [The concept of the nomadic educational institutions system in the Sakha Republic (Yakutia)]. The Institute for Humanities Research and Indigenous Studies of the North (IHRISN), Yakutsk (2004). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Sharina, S.I.: Osobennosti yazykovoj situacii u malochislennyh narodov Severa Respubliki Saha (Yakutiya) [Features of the language situation in the small peoples of the North in the Sakha Republic (Yakutia)]. Eur. Soc. Sci. J. International research Institute. 6 (22), Moscow (2012). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.Vinokurova, E.I., Nikitina, R.S.: Socializaciya i vospitanie detej v tradicionnom uklade zhizni korennyh narodov Severa Respubliki Saha (Yakutiya) [Socialization and education of children in the traditional lifestyle of indigenous peoples of the North in the Sakha Republic (Yakutia)]. Eur. Soc. Sci. J. 2(18), 262–269 (2012). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhirkova, Z.S.: Vliyanie pedagogicheskogo potenciala ehtnokulturnyh tradicij kochevyh narodov na formirovanie lichnosti uchashchihsya [Influence of the pedagogical potential of nomadic peoples ethno-cultural traditions to the formation of students’ personality]. Historical and Social Educational Ideas, 257–260 (2015). (in Russian)CrossRefGoogle Scholar