Preschool Teacher’s Training in Professional Self-analysis: The Russian Arctic Region Experience
The article is devoted to the issues of teacher training in professional self-analysis. Particular attention is paid to the investigations done by international research groups and Russian scholars in the areas of normative documents and educational practices.
The authors present a system for training specialists in the field of Arkhan-gelsk region preschool education. It was shown that teachers’ professional self-analysis skills contribute to the development of their competence and the im-provement of educational quality.
The article covers the interim results of a network project implemented by professional educational organizations of the Russian Arkhangelsk region. The primary study of professional educational organizations experience and the ex-change of experience at different levels (higher, secondary, additional) has shown that modern education system demands effective methods of preschool teachers training in order to form the capacity for professional self-analysis. Training of educators for self-analysis is a complex process which includes theoretical knowledge and practical application. The authors have substantiated the role and necessity of pedagogical practice in the process of preschool teachers’ education.
The paper proposes the use of recommendations for students. The recom-mendations are developed in the form of self-analysis cards applicable for self-analysis training. In the course of the pedagogical research an approbation of the methodical recommendations has been carried out. The approbation has resulted in a set of data obtained from the survey of the students who had used the proposed recommendations for self-analysis of their own professional activities. The data has proved that the recommendations are effective.
KeywordsProfessional education Preschool teacher’s training Professional pedagogical activity Self-analysis of professional activity
The authors of the article express special gratitude to the translator Ekaterina Istomina and the consultants Feng Liu and Inga Zashikhina for presenting the materials of the article in English.
- 1.Abdulina, O.: Lichnost’ studenta v processe professional’noj podgotovki [The student personality in the professional training process]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher education in Russia] 3, 165–170 (1993). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Babanskij, Yu.: Izbrannye pedagogicheskie trudy [Selected pedagogical works]. http://elib.gnpbu.ru/textpage/download/html/?book=babanskiy_izbrannye-pedagogicheskie-trudy_1989&bookhl. Accessed 4 Aug 2018. (in Russian)
- 4.Zair-Bek, E.: Novye strategii professional’noj orientacii i podderzhki programm “Obuchenie dlya kar’ery”[New strategies for career guidance and support “The learning for career” programs]. CHelovek i obrazovanie [Human and education] 2(35), 89–93 (2013). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.Kuz’mina, N.: Formirovanie pedagogicheskih sposobnostej [Pedagogical abilities formation]. Izdatel’stvo Leningradskogo gosudarstvennogo instituta, Leningrad (1961). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Lomakina, I.: Politika kooordinacii ES: tendencii i osobennosti razvitiya [EU coordination Policy: trends and features of development]. Vestnik kul’tury i iskusstv [Vestnik of culture and arts] 1(21), 98–103 (2010). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.Pisareva, S.: Metodologiya ocenki kachestva dissertacionnyh issledovanij po pedagogike [Methodology for assessing the quality of dissertation research in pedagogy]. Ph.D. thesis. Russian State Pedagogical University named after A. I. Herzen, Saint-Petersburg [Online] (2005). http://www.dslib.net/obw-pedagogika/metodologija-ocenki-kachestva-dissertacionnyh-issledovanij-po-pedagogike.html. Accessed 20 Aug 2018. (in Russian)
- 8.Piskunova, E.: Podgotovka uchitelya k obespecheniyu sovremennogo kachestva obrazovaniya dlya vsekh: opyt Rossii: Rekomendacii po rezul’tatam nauchnyh issledovanij [The teacher Training to ensure the modern quality of education for all: the experience of Russia: Recommendations on the results of scientific research]. Publishing house of the Russian State Pedagogical University named after A. I. Herzen, Saint-Petersburg] (2007). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Radinova, N., Tryapicyna, A.: Perspektivy razvitiya pedagogicheskogo obrazovaniya: kompetentnostnyj podhod [Prospects for the development of the pedagogical education: competence-based approach]. CHelovek i obrazovanie [Human and education] 4–5, 7–14 (2006). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.Slastenin, V.: Professional’noe samorazvitie uchitelya [Professional self-development of the teacher], http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/professionalnoe-samorazvitie-uchitelya. Accessed 22 Aug 2018. (in Russian)
- 11.Drobotenko, Yu.: Aspektny`j analiz ponyatiya professional`noj podgotovki v pedagogicheskom vuze [Aspects analysis of the concept of professional training at pedagogical university]. Sovremenny`e issledovaniya social`ny`x problem [Modern Research of Social Problems] 12(56), 53–72 (2015). (in Russian)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Tutolmin, A.: Terminologicheskij glossarij professional’no-tvorcheskoj pedagogiki [Glossary of terms on vocational and creative pedagogy]. https://novainfo.ru/article/3298. Accessed 14 Aug 2018. (in Russian)
- 14.SHelekhova L.: Diagnosticheskie priznaki refleksivnoj uchebnoj deyatel’nosti [Diagnostic indications of the reflective educational activity]. Vestnik Adygejskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya 3: Pedagogika i psihologiya [Vestnik of the Adyghe State University. Series 3: Pedagogy and psychology] 1, 89–94 (2011). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 15.Perenkova, E.: Razvitie sposobnosti uchitelya k samoanalizu professional’noj deyatel’nosti v processe metodicheskoj raboty [Development of the teacher’s ability to professional activity self-analysis in the process of methodical work]. Ph.D. thesis. Academy of advanced training and retraining of employees of education Russian Federation Ministry of Education, Moscow] [Online] (2003). http://www.dissercat.com/content/razvitie-sposobnosti-uchitelya-k-samoanalizu-professionalnoi-deyatelnosti-v-protsesse-metodi. Accessed 2 Sep 2018. (in Russian)
- 16.Kunakovskaya, L.: Refleksivnaya kul’tura pedagoga [The reflexive culture of the teacher]. Publishing and printing center of Voronezh state University, Voronezh (2011). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 17.Metaeva, V.: Refleksiya: formirovanie novogo tipa myshleniya cheloveka [Reflection: the formation of a new human thinking type]. CHelovek i obrazovanie [Human and education] 6, 32–34 (2006). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 18.Kudinov, V., Alenchenkova, A.: Metodicheskie aspekty razvitiya refleksivnoj kul’tury pedagogov v processe dopolnitel’nogo professional’nogo obrazovaniya [Methodical aspects of the teachers reflexive culture development in the additional professional education process]. Uchenye zapiski. EHlektronnyj nauchnyj zhurnal Kurskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Scientists notes. Electronic scientific journal of Kursk state university] 2(34), (2015). https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/metodicheskie-aspekty-razvitiya-refleksivnoy-kultury-pedagogov-v-protsesse-dopolnitelnogo-professionalnogo-obrazovaniya. Accessed 30 Aug 2018. (in Russian)
- 19.Shustova, I.: Rol` pedagogicheskoj podderzhki v samoopredelenii starsheklassnikov. [The role of pedagogical support in self-determination of senior schoolchildren]. Otechestvennaya i zarubezhnaya pedagogika [Foreign and Domestic Pedagogy] 5(20), 74–88 (2014)Google Scholar
- 20.Berezhnova, L.: Formirovanie navy`kov professional`nogo samoanaliza u studenta [Skills development of the student professional self-analysis]. Armiya i obshhestvo [Army and society] 4(41), 97–106 (2014). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 21.CoRe Competence Requirements in Early Childhood Education and Care. Final Report. – London: University of East London, Cass School of Education,Ghent: University of Ghent, Department for Social Welfare Studies (2011)Google Scholar
- 23.Professional`ny`j standart pedagoga [Professional Standards “Educator”]. https://минoбpнayки.pф/. Accessed 14 Aug 2018. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 24.Federal`ny`j gosudarstvenny`j obrazovatel`ny`j standart srednego professional`nogo obrazovaniya po special`nosti 44.02.01 doshkol`noe obrazovanie [Federal state educational standard of secondary vocational education on a specialty 44.02.01 pre-SCHOOL EDUCATION]. http://classinform.ru/fgos/44.02.01-doshkolnoe-obrazovanie.html. Accessed 14 Aug 2018. (in Russian)
- 25.Novikov, A., Novikov, D.: Metodologiya: slovar` sistemy` osnovny`x ponyatij [Methodology: dictionary of system concepts]. Librokom, Moscow (2013). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 26.Kodzhaspirova, G., Borikova, L., Bostandzhieva, N.: Pedagogicheskaya praktika v nachal`noj shkole [Pedagogical practice in an elementary school]. 2nd edn. Publishing center “Academy”, Moscow (2000). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 27.Averkieva, G., Shhekina, S.: Pedagogicheskaya praktika kak refleksivnaya sreda formirovaniya professional`nogo opy`ta budushhego uchitelya [Pedagogical practice as a reflexive sphere of the future teacher professional experience formations]. Vestnik Severnogo (Arkticheskogo) federal`nogo universiteta. Seriya: Gumanitarny`e i social`ny`e nauki [Bulletin of the Northern (Arctic) Federal University. Series: Humanities and social Sciences] 4, 141–149 (2014). (in Russian)Google Scholar