Harnessing Cloud Scalability to Hadoop Clusters
Apache Hadoop is a popular technology that proved itself as an effective and powerful framework for Big Data analytics. It broke from many of its predecessors in the “computing at scale” space by being designed to run in a distributed fashion across large amounts of commodity hardware instead of a few expensive computers. Many organizations have come to rely on Hadoop for dealing with the ever-increasing quantities of Big Data that they gather. “Harnessing cloud scalability to Hadoop clusters” means running Hadoop clusters on resources offered by a cloud provider on demand.
KeywordsBig Data Cloud computing Hadoop
Irina Astrova’s work was supported by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research institutional research grant IUT33-13.
- 1.White, T.: Hadoop: The Definitive Guide 3. O’Reilly Media, Sebastopol (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Shook, A.: MapReduce Design Patterns. O’Reilly Media, Sebastopol (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Malewicz, G., et al.: Pregel: a system for large-scale graph processing. In: Proceedings of the 2010 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, New York, USA (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Koschel, A., Heine, F., Astrova, I., Korte, F., Rossow, T., Stipkovic, S.: Efficiency experiments on Hadoop and Giraph with PageRank. In: Proceedings of 24th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing, Heraklion Crete, Greece, pp. 328–331. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Havanki, B.: Moving Hadoop to the Cloud: Harnessing Cloud Features and Flexibility for Hadoop Clusters. O’Reilly Media, Sebastopol (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Astrova, I., Koschel, A., Lennart, M.H., Nahle, H.: Offering Hadoop as a cloud service. In: Proceedings of the 2016 SAI Computing Conference, London, UK, pp. 589–595. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Astrova, I., Koschel, A., Heine, F., Kalja, A.: Scalable Hadoop-based infrastructure for big data analytics. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Baltic Conference on Data-Bases and Information Systems, Trakai, Lithuania. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar