A Strategy of Distinguishing Texture Feature for Reversible Data Hiding Based on Histogram Shifting
Reversible data hiding has received growing attention, which not only protects the secret information but also can recover the cover image accurately. Many algorithms have aimed at embedding capacity and rarely consider the texture features of spatial images. In this paper, to better improve the image quality, a novel strategy of distinguishing texture feature for reversible data hiding based on histogram shifting is proposed. Firstly, the cover image is separated into blocks of the equal size, and the texture feature value of blocks is calculated. Then, the relatively smooth blocks are selected for information embedding. Experimental results show that our method can improve image quality effectively.
KeywordsReversible data hiding Image texture Image quality
This research work is partly supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (61502009, 61872003, U1536109), Foundation of China Scholarship Council (201706505004).
- 1.Honsinger, C.W., Jones, P.W., Rabbani, M., Stoffel, J.C.: Lossless recovery of an original image containing embedded data. US Patent 6,278,791, 21 August 2001Google Scholar
- 3.Tong, X., Shen, G., Xuan, G., Li, S., Yang, Z., Li, J., Shi, Y.-Q.: Stereo image coding with histogram-pair based reversible data hiding. In: Shi, Y.-Q., Kim, H.J., Pérez-González, F., Yang, C.-N. (eds.) IWDW 2014. LNCS, vol. 9023, pp. 201–214. Springer, Cham (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19321-2_15CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Barton, J.M.: Method and apparatus for embedding authentication information within digital data. US Patent 5,646,997, 8 July 1997Google Scholar
- 5.Celik, M.U., Sharma, G., Tekalp, A.M., Saber, E.: Reversible data hiding. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 2, pp. II-157–II-160 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Ni, Z., Shi, Y.Q., Ansari, N., Su, W.: Reversible data hiding. In: International Workshop on Digital Watermarking, pp. 1–12 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, J., Ni, J., Zhang, X., Shi, Y.Q.: Rate and distortion optimization for reversible data hiding using multiple histogram shifting. IEEE Trans. Cybern. 47(2), 315 (2017)Google Scholar