Influence of the Non-linear Hertzian Stiffness on the Dynamic Behavior of Planetary Gear During Run up Condition
Planetary gear transmissions are widely utilized in rotating machinery which is running under stationary or non-stationary conditions.
In this work, a numerical study of a planetary gear transmission is investigated in both run up the regime and stationary condition.
The non-linear dynamic behavior of a single stage planetary gear during these two regimes was studied. The non-linearity is induced by the Hertzian contact force between teeth gear and it is implemented in a torsional lumped parameter model. In addition, the gear system is excited with the motor torque variation and the fluctuation of ring-planets and sun-planets mesh stiffness during the non-stationary regime. The system equations of motion were resolved by using the implicit type numerical integration technique Newmark-β with Newton-Raphson method. The obtained numerical results approve the influence of the Hertzian stiffness on the dynamic behavior of the system, especially in the run-up regime.
KeywordsPlanetary gear Run-up Non-linearity Torsional model
The authors would like to acknowledge project “Dynamic behavior of gear transmissions in non-stationary conditions”, ref. DPI2017-85390-P, funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Technology.
Acknowledgment to the University of Cantabria cooperation project for doctoral training of University of Sfax’s students.
- 4.Mbarek A, Hammami A, Del Rincon AF, Chaari F, Rueda FV, Haddar M (2017) Effect of load and meshing stiffness variation on modal proper-ties of planetary gear. Appl Acoust. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2017.08.010
- 5.Mbarek A, Hammami A, Del Rincon AF, Chaari F, Rueda FV, Haddar M (2017) Effect of gravity of carrier on the dynamic behavior of planetary gears. In: International conference design and modeling of mechanical systems. Springer, Cham, pp 975–983Google Scholar
- 8.Wang X, Wu S (2011) Nonlinear dynamic modeling and numerical simulation of the wind turbines gear train. In: 2011 international conference on electrical and control engineering (ICECE). IEEE, pp 2385–2389Google Scholar
- 14.del Rincón AF, Cerdá R, Iglesias M, de-Juan A, García P, Viadero F (2014) Test bench for the analysis of dynamic behavior of planetary gear transmissions. In: Dalpiaz G, et al (eds) Advances in condition monitoring of machinery in non-stationary operations. Lecture notes in mechanical engineering. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 17.Velex P (1988) Contribution à l’analyse du comportement dynamique de réducteur a engrenages à axes parallèles. Doctoral dissertation, Villeurbanne, INSAGoogle Scholar
- 18.Faik S, Witteman H (2000) Modeling of impact dynamics: a literature survey. In: 2000 International ADAMS User Conference, vol 80Google Scholar
- 19.Feese T, Hill C (2002) Guidelines for preventing torsional vibration problems in reciprocating machinery. In: Gas machinery conference, Nashville, TN, pp 7–9Google Scholar