This chapter presents and summarizes the proposed method that was used to achieve the research objectives of the present study, including (i) a new weight scheme, that is, length feature weight (LFW) in Sect. 4.4.1; (ii) three models for TFSP to find the best algorithm for the FS problem in Sect. 4.5; (iii) a dynamic DR technique in Sect. 4.6; (iv) three models of the KHA for TDCP in Sect. 4.8; (v) a new multi-objective function for enhancing the clustering decision of the local search algorithm in Sect. 4.8; (vi) experiments and results in Sect. 4.9; and (vii) conclusion in Sect. 4.10.
- Abualigah, L. M., & Khader, A. T. (2017). Unsupervised text feature selection technique based on hybrid particle swarm optimization algorithm with genetic operators for the text clustering. The Journal of Supercomputing, 1–23.Google Scholar
- Abualigah, L. M., Khader, A. T., & Al-Betar, M. A. (2016a, July). Multi-objectives based text clustering technique using k-mean algorithm. In 2016 7th International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) (pp. 1–6). https://doi.org/10.1109/CSIT.2016.7549464.
- Abualigah, L. M., Khader, A. T., & Al-Betar, M. A. (2016b, July). Unsupervised feature selection technique based on genetic algorithm for improving the text clustering. In 2016 7th International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) (pp. 1–6). https://doi.org/10.1109/CSIT.2016.7549453.
- Abualigah, L. M., Khader, A. T., & Al-Betar, M. A. (2016c, July). Unsupervised feature selection technique based on harmony search algorithm for improving the text clustering. In 2016 7th International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) (pp. 1–6). https://doi.org/10.1109/CSIT.2016.7549456.
- Abualigah, L. M., Khader, A. T., Al-Betar, M. A., & Awadallah, M. A. (2016). A krill herd algorithm for efficient text documents clustering. In 2016 IEEE Symposium on Computer Applications & Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE) (pp. 67–72).Google Scholar
- Abualigah, L. M., Khader, A. T., AlBetar, M. A., & Hanandeh, E. S. (2017). Unsupervised text feature selection technique based on particle swarm optimization algorithm for improving the text clustering. EAI. https://doi.org/10.4108/eai.27-2-2017.152282.
- Bharti, K. K., & Singh, P. K. (2015a). Chaotic gradient artificial bee colony for text clustering. Soft Computing, 1–14.Google Scholar
- Cobos, C., León, E., & Mendoza, M. (2010). A harmony search algorithm for clustering with feature selection. Revista Facultad de Ingeniería Universidad de Antioquia (55), 153–164.Google Scholar
- Cole, R. M. (1998). Clustering with genetic algorithms. Citeseer.Google Scholar
- Cui, X., Potok, T. E., & Palathingal, P. (2005). Document clustering using particle swarm optimization. In Swarm Intelligence Symposium, 2005. SIS 2005. Proceedings 2005 IEEE (pp. 185–191).Google Scholar
- De Vries, C. M. (2014). Document clustering algorithms, representations and evaluation for information retrieval.Google Scholar
- George, G., & Parthiban, L. (2015). Multi objective hybridized firefly algorithm with group search optimization for data clustering. In 2015 IEEE International Conference on Research in Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICRCICN) (pp. 125–130).Google Scholar
- Ghanem, O., & Alhanjouri, M. (2014). Evaluating the effect of preprocessing in arabic documents clustering (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Master’s thesis, Computer Engineering Department, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.Google Scholar
- Hong, S.-S., Lee, W., & Han, M.-M. (2015). The feature selection method based on genetic algorithm for efficient of text clustering and text classification. International Journal of Advances in Soft Computing and Its Applications, 7(1), 22–40.Google Scholar
- Kaur, S. P., & Madan, N. (2016). Document clustering using firefly algorithm. Artificial Intelligent Systems and Machine Learning, 8(5), 182–185.Google Scholar
- Mohammed, A. J., Yusof, Y., & Husni, H. (2014). Weight-based firefly algorithm for document clustering. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on Advanced Data and Information Engineering (DaEng-2013) (pp. 259–266).Google Scholar
- Prabha, K. A., & Visalakshi, N. K. (2014). Improved particle swarm optimization based k-means clustering. In 2014 International Conference on Intelligent Computing Applications (ICICA) (pp. 59–63).Google Scholar
- Shafiei, M., Wang, S., Zhang, R., Milios, E., Tang, B., Tougas, J., et al. (2007). Document representation and dimension reduction for text clustering. In 2007 IEEE 23rd International Conference on Data Engineering Workshop (pp. 770–779).Google Scholar
- Singh, P., & Sharma, M. (2013). Text document clustering and similarity measures. Department of Computer Science & Engineering.Google Scholar
- Singh, V. K., Tiwari, N., & Garg, S. (2011). Document clustering using k-means, heuristic k-means and fuzzy c-means. In 2011 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN) (pp. 297–301).Google Scholar
- Wang, X., Cao, J., Liu, Y., Gao, S., & Deng, X. (2012). Text clustering based on the improved TFIDF by the iterative algorithm. In 2012 IEEE Symposium on Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEESYM) (pp. 140–143).Google Scholar
- Zaw, M. M., & Mon, E. E. (2015). Web document clustering by using pso-based cuckoo search clustering algorithm. Recent advances in swarm intelligence and evolutionary computation (pp. 263–281). Cham: Springer.Google Scholar
- Zhao, W., & Wang, Y. (2010a). Notice of retraction an improved genetic algorithm for text feature selection. In 2010 International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Cognitive Informatics (ICICCI) (pp. 7–10).Google Scholar
- Zhao, W., & Wang, Y. (2010b). Notice of retraction an improved genetic algorithm for text feature selection. In 2010 International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Cognitive Informatics (ICICCI) (pp. 7–10).Google Scholar