Development of an Automated Guidance System for Tracked Combine Harvester
An automated guidance system for tracked combine harvesters had been developed. A kinematics model for the harvester is constructed. A conventional and a X-turn path planning methods were provided. The system was successfully controlled speed, direction, and header of 2 modified harvesters, which had harvested 16 acres of rice land in December of 2015 and 2016. Results showed these machines can accurately cut along the edge of the cut/uncut, and cut all crops in every working path. The lateral offset is less than 5 cm in row following stage. In future, cutter, threshing roller, and other important working parts must be monitored to realize unmanned technology.
KeywordsTracked combine harvester Guidance system Speed control Path planning
Funds for this research was provided by the Yinzhou Science and Technology Plan Projects (2015), Ningbo Science and Technology Plan Projects (2014C100016).
- 4.Chen, J., Torisu, R., Zhu, Z.: Study on automatic guidance for tractor on grassland. Trans. CSAM 36(7), 104–107 (2005). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Noguchi, N., Reid, J.F., Zhang, Q., Will, J.D., Ishii, K.: Development of robot tractor based on RTK-GPS and gyroscope. In: 2001 ASAE Annual International Meeting, pp. 01–1195 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, Z., Luo, X., Zhou, Z., Zang, Y.: Design of GPS navigation control system for rice transplanter. Trans. CSAM 37(7), 95–98 (2006). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.He, Z., Chen, H., Tao, G., Wu, S.: Remoted Automatic driving control system of crawler type vehicle. Constr. Mach. Equip. 10, 3–7 (2003). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, J., Ning, X., Li, Y.: Fuzzy adaptive control system of forward speed for combine harvester based on model reference. Trans. CSAM 45(10), 87–91 (2014). (in Chinese)Google Scholar