Improving Design of a PVDF Grain Loss Sensor for Combine Harvester
Online monitoring of grain loss is important to improve the efficiency of combine harvester. The traditional grain loss sensor needs to be frequently calibrated for different materials. In order to solve this problem, the grain loss sensor was developed based on PVDF (Polyvinyliden Fluoride) films. The band-pass filter based on LTC1068-200 was designed by frequency spectrum analysis of the wheat and rice grain impact response. And the dynamic voltage comparator with adaptive regulation of the threshold voltage according to the intensity of sensor signal was introduced here. Wheat and rice grain samples with different moisture content were prepared for the experiments and the results indicated the sensor had high measurement accuracy to the different samples.
KeywordsCombine harvester Grain loss sensor Band pass filter Adaptive threshold voltage
This research was funded by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2016YFD0700305) and Science & Technology Nova Program of Beijing (Z1511000003150116) and Technology developing and achievement transformation project of XPCC(2015AC009).
- 1.Zhan, J., Liu, H., Hou, F.: Research advances and prospects of combine on precision agriculture in China. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Eng. 21(2), 179–182 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, J., Jie, Z.: Analyses of combine harvester grain loss measurement. Agric. Mech. Res. 12, 248–250 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Guy, H.J.O.: Offset grain loss sensor for combine harvesters. US patent 4540003 (1985)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Y., Chen, Y., Zhao, Z.: Monitoring method and device for cleaning loss of combine harvester. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 44(S2), 7–11(2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Ni, J., Mao, H., Li, P.: Intelligent grain cleaning losses monitor based on array piezocrystals. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 41(8), 175–177 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Mao, H., Ni, J.: Finite element analysis measurement for array piezocrystals grain losses sensor. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 39(12), 123–126 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Kotyk, W.M., Kirk, T.G.: Unthreshed head grain loss monitor.US Patent, 4825146 (1989)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhou, L., Zhang, X., Liu, Y., et al.: Design of PVDF sensor for grain loss measuring. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 41(6), 167–171 (2010)Google Scholar