A Novel Mixed-Variable Fireworks Optimization Algorithm for Path and Time Sequence Optimization in WRSNs
To prolong the lifespan of the network, the auxiliary charging equipment is introduced into the traditional Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), known as Wireless Rechargeable Sensor Networks (WRSNs). Different from existing researches, in this paper, a periodic charging and data collecting model in WRSNs is proposed to keep the network working perpetually and improve data collection ratio. Meanwhile, the Wireless Charging Vehicle (WCV) has more working patterns, charging, waiting, and collecting data when staying at the sensor nodes. Then, the simultaneous optimization for the traveling path and time sequence is formulated to be a mixed-variable optimization problem. A novel Mixed-Variable Fireworks Optimization Algorithm (MVFOA) is proposed to solve it. A large number of experiments show the feasibility of the MVFOA, and MVFOA is superior to the Greedy Algorithm.
KeywordsWireless rechargeable sensor networks Mixed-variable optimization Fireworks algorithm
- 3.Xie, L., Shi, Y., Hou, Y.T., Lou, W., Sherali, H.D., Zhou, H.: A mobile platform for wireless charging and data collection in sensor networks. IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. 33(8), 1521–1533 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, C., Li, J., Yang, Y.: Low-latency mobile data collection for Wireless Rechargeable Sensor Networks. In: International Conference on Communications, pp. 6524–6529. IEEE, London (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin, Y., Du, W., Liao, T., Stützle, T.: Three L-SHADE based algorithms on mixed-variables optimization problems. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 2274–2281. IEEE, San Sebastian (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Tan, Y., Zhu, Y.: Fireworks algorithm for optimization. In: International Conference on Advances in Swarm Intelligence, pp. 355–364. Springer, Berlin (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, J., Zheng, S., Tan, Y.: Adaptive fireworks algorithm. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 3214–3221. IEEE, Beijing (2014)Google Scholar