Developing a Context-Aware POI Network of Adaptive Vehicular Traffic Routing for Urban Logistics
Advanced information and communication technology promote smart city development, especially in urban logistics. Vehicular traffic routing problem is the key factor to influence the logistics chauffeur’s service quality. Different from traditional vehicular ad hoc networks, this study proposes a novel approach using data mining, skyline domination, and multi-criteria decision analysis to develop a context-aware point-of-interest network of vehicular traffic routing for urban logistics. The density-based clustering discovers the logistics destination, referred to as the “points-of-interest (POI),” nearby the logistics chauffeur. The candidate POI filtered by the skyline domination. The multi-criteria decision analysis produces a ranking of candidate POI based on the status of traffic criteria evaluation. We use open data from Google map and Foursquare to construct a context-aware POI network. An experimental system implementation to demonstrate the proposed approach effectiveness. The contribution is to optimize the adaptive vehicular traffic routing solution for the urban logistics in a smart city.
KeywordsContext-aware network Points-of-interest Density-based clustering Skyline domination Multi-criteria decision analysis Urban logistics
This research was supported in part by the Ministry of Science and Technology, R.O.C. with a MOST grant 107-2221-E-025-005.
- 3.Abbas, A., Zhang, l., Khan S.U.: A survey on context-aware recommender systems based on computational intelligence techniques. Computing 97(7), 667–690 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00607-015-0448-7
- 7.Shenglin, Z., Irwin, K., Lyu, M.R.: A survey of point-of-interest recommendation in location-based social network (2016). arXiv:1607.00647v1 [cs.IR]
- 8.Wei, L.Y., Zheng, Y., Peng, W.C.: Constructing popular routes from uncertain trajectories. In: 18th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, ACM, Beijing, China, pp. 195–203 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1145/2339530.2339562
- 10.Liu, B., Xiong, H.: Point-of-Interest recommendation in location based social networks with topic and location awareness. In: 2013 Siam International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 396–404 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1137/1.9781611972832.44
- 11.Ankerst, M., Breunig, M.M., Kriegel, H.P., Sander, J.: OPTICS: ordering points to identify the clustering structure. In: 1999 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 49–60 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1145/304181.304187
- 12.Ester, M., Kriegel, H.P., Sander, J., Xu, X.: A density-based algorithm for discovering in large spatial database with noise. In: Second International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Portland, Oregon, pp. 226–231 (1996)Google Scholar