Removing Stray Noise Quickly from Point Cloud Data Based on Sheep Model
The noise data could be produced when we scanned the object by Handy 3D scanner due to human factors, the target surface and the instrument itself factors etc. Noised point cloud data could seriously affect the precision and efficiency of three-dimensional reconstruction in late stage. To this problem, we used the sheep body’s three-dimensional point cloud data and changed the algorithm of k-nearest neighbors and presented method that combined the k-nearest neighbor denoising and median filtering. Firstly, the improved k-nearest neighbors algorithm could establish topology relationship fast, identify and delete some noise data; then, using the filter method processed the point cloud data and all noise data could be identified and deleted. The experimental results show that the method we presented can eliminate the stray noise from the point cloud data quickly and accurately and keep ideal target.
KeywordsScattered point cloud K-nearest neighbor point Median filtering Outliers Noise data
This work was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China(No.61461041).
- 1.An, Y.-Y., Yang, Q.-X., Feng, X.-Y., et al.: Improved algorithm for finding k nearest neighbors of point cloud data. J. Comput. Eng. Des. 12, 4228–4232 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Yong, W., Jing, T., Qinfei, R., et al.: A new fast denoising algorithm for scattered point cloud. J. Comput. Appl. Softw. 07, 74–78 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, P., Hui, Z.: Based on MATLAB point cloud noise eliminating algorithm research. In: Guizhou Province Society for Rock Mechanics and Engineering Academic Essays in 2014, The rock mechanics and engineering society, Guizhou province, 2014, p. 4 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, T., Teng, G., Zhang, S., et al.: Get surface three-dimensional reconstruction based on point cloud data and applications. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 06, 291–295 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, Q., Chen, H., Zhu, S., et al.: Application of density-based clustering algorithms in noise removing of continuous distributed point clouds. J. Geospatial Inf. 06, 101–104+2+1 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Tang, J.: Research on point cloud data processing technology in 3D reconstruction. Chongqing University of Technology (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, Y.: Denoising and detection of point cloud of three-dimensional data. Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, Y., Liu, X.-M., Sui, Y., et al.: Research and improvement of denoising method based on k-neighbors. J. Comput. Appl. 04, 1011–1014 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, L., Zheng, M., Zhang, C.: Algorithm for fast searching of k-nearest neighbors in cloud points. J. Chin. Mini-Micro Comput. Syst. 01, 70–74 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Ma, C.-S., Jiang, X.-F., Qiang, H.-Q.: Algorithm for searching k-nearest neighbors of scattered-point cloud data. J. Microelectron. Comput. 12, 206–209 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, X.-D., Liu, G.-R., Wang, Y., et al.: K-neighbor searching of surface reconstruction from scattered points. J. Microelectron. Comput. 04, 23–26+30 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, L.: Study on data processing technology of 3D cloud point. Beijing Jiaotong University (2001)Google Scholar