Research on Virtual Simulation of Flood Propagation in Agricultural Area Under the Land Subsidence
Agricultural areas are mainly distributed in the suburbs, however suburs of metropolis are often used as flood storage and detention areas in order to ensure the safety of urban from flood. Severe land subsidence would make a decrease use of flood control facilities like dike and sluice which protect the agricultural areas, and there are important significance to analyze the flood control in agricultural areas affected by double natural disasters. In this paper, the land subsidence observations and sedimentation rate over recent 20 years in Dahuangbao agricultural areas are the object of study, and the flood routing mathematical model is established using the alternating direction implicit method (ADI) with high stability and precision. The results reveal that after comparing the flood values with different return periods between before and after land subsidence, the inundated area and capacity after land subsidence increases, which directly affects the safety of agricultural areas.
KeywordsLand subsidence Agricultural areas Detention basins Flood routing Alternating direction implicit method
Funds for this research were provided by science and technology funds from Tianjin Agricultural University (2014N05).
- 1.Zhou, C., Liu, B., Gao, Y.: Research on the influence of land subsidence to water conservancy engineering in Tianjin. J. Eng. Geol. 13(S1), 135–139 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Gu, X., Liu, H., Lu, M.: Analysis on the influence of land subsidence in Tianjin to Haihe river trunk stream flood discharge capacity. China Flood Drought Manage. 24(01), 56–57 + 62 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, S., Li, S.: Flood routing numerical simulation on Xiaoqinghe flood diversion area. Adv. Water Sci. 2(3), 188–192 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou, X., Chen, H., Shen, J.: 2D flood routing and flood risk analysis on flood detention zone. J. Xi’an Univ. Technol. 12(3), 244–250 (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Cao, Z., Li, Y.: Two-dimensional flood routing numerical simulation on flood storage and detention area. J. Basic Sci. Eng. 9(3), 74–79 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, D.-m., Lin, Y.: Mathematical model of river and flood retention areas. J. Tianjin Univ. 42(1), 47–55 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, R., Sun, D.: Land subsidence in Tianjin region and its influence on the geographical environment. Acta Geogr. Sin. 49(4), 317–323 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Dong, K., Wang, W., Yu, Q., Lu, Y.: Research on land subsidence prevention and control history in Tianjin. Chin. J. Geol. Hazard Control 03, 54–59 (2008)Google Scholar