Research on Plant Growth Simulation Method Based on ARToolkit
- 263 Downloads
Augmented Reality is a new technology which can combine the real world information with the virtual world information seamless. In order to increase the sense of immersion and interactivity, thereby improving agricultural information service capabilities and expanding the exchange of seed industry exhibition and promotion capabilities, this paper provides a kind of interactive method to simulate the plant growth. Based on the target tracking localization algorithm of ARToolkit, through the relative distance positioning two rectangular markers, corresponding to different plant growth development period, the method can interact to realize the control of virtual objects, such as translation, rotation and zoom.
The experimental results show that the method can simulate the true process of the wheat plant growth, that can simulate different kinds of virtual wheats. The method has a good compatibility, low requirement on the hardware, stable capability, better expansibility and transferability.
KeywordsARToolkit Augmented reality Simulate Plants
Funds for this research was provided by the Beijing agri-science-city “Internet + modern agriculture” Industries Integration Promotion Strategy Research Report: Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission of Science and Technology Innovation Center construction strategy research and expert advisory subject (Z161100003116001). The research work also has been done under the help of the team of the Information engineering.
- 1.Zhou, J.-g., Shi, G., Ma, X.-h.: Virtual interactive method in augmented reality system. Comput. Eng. 38(1), 251–256 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Hu, Y., Yin, C.: Design and implementation of 3D virtual commodity demo system based on ARToolkit. Comput. Appl. Softw. 29(8), 259–263 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Sheng, J., Wang, Y.-g.: Research on finger interactive system based on ARToolkit. J. Mech. Electr. Eng. 27(6), 116–119 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Cheng, S., Gu, Q., Pan, J.-s., Chen, S.-l.: The research on augmented reality of virtual dolls imaging based on ARToolkit-MMD. Microelectron. Comput. 28(10), 150–154 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Jiang, Z.-z., Gao, Z., Chen, X., Wang, D.-d., Sun, W.-j., Sun, Q.-k.: Implementation of virtual watch try-on system based on ARToolkit. Inf. Res. 39(5), 35–37 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Dong, Z.-l., Zhang, G.-f., Shao, Y.-l., Hua, W.: Chinese-character-marker based augmented reality system. J. Image Graph. 14(7), 372–375 (2009)Google Scholar