jFAT: An Automation Framework for Web Application Testing
Web technologies have developed rapidly because web application is currently leading the trends of software development. A web-based application is a program that is accessed over a network connection, rather than existing within a device’s memory, hence detecting its failures is different from other software systems. Many approaches and tools have been proposed for web testing, however, introducing new frameworks is still an emerging topic in this field. This paper proposes an automation framework running in Java platform for web testing, called jFAT, which integrates with Selenium and TestNG. The paper also illustrates the use of framework with the Bank application case study.
KeywordsAutomation testing Web applications POM
This work has been supported by VNU University of Engineering and Technology under Project QG.16.32.
- 6.Fei, W., Wencai, D.: A test automation framework based on web. In: IEEE/ACIS 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Science, ICIS. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Hower, R.: Software QA and testing resource center (2006). www.softwareqatest.com
- 8.Huang, C.-H., Chen, H.Y.: A tool to support automated testing for web application scenario. In: IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, SMC 2006, vol. 3, pp. 2179–2184. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Lucca, G.A.D., Fasolino, A.R., Faralli, F., Carlini, U.D.: Testing web applications. In: International Conference on Software Maintenance, Proceedings, pp. 310–319 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Romano, B.L., et al.: Software testing for web-applications non-functional requirements. In: 2009 Sixth International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations, pp. 1674–1675. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Suresh, T., Saurabh, S., Nimit, S., Satish, C.: Automating test automation. In 34th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), ICSE, IEEE (2012)Google Scholar