Research on Automatic Steering Control System of Full Hydraulic Steering Tractor
The performance of automatic steering control directly affects the accuracy of tractor navigation. In order to improve the tractor navigation performance, the tractor automatic steering control technology is researched. The automatic steering control system for the full hydraulic steering tractor is designed with the Lovol Europard FT704 tractor. The mathematical model of automatic steering system is established. The PID parameters are determined by digital simulation analysis, and verified by steering test. The field test results show that the offset error is not greater than 5.98 cm and the average offset error is not greater than 1.23 cm at the travel speed of 1.0 m/s. The field tests indicated the tractor automatic steering control system can meet the needs of tractor automatic navigation.
KeywordsAutomatic steering Full hydraulic steering Electro-hydraulic proportional control Digital simulation Automatic navigation
This work is supported by Beijing science and technology planning project of China (D161100003216003), National Natural Science Foundation of China (31571564), the BAAFS innovation team project of China (JNKYT201607), Recommend International Advanced Agricultural Science and Technology Plan Grant of China (2016-X26), and Science and technology plan project of Heilongjiang farms & land reclamation administration Grant of China (HNK 135-06-05).
- 1.Zhang, Z., Luo, X., Li, J.: Automatic steering control system of wheeled model farming machinery. Trans. CSAE 21(11), 77–80 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Gao, L., Hu, J., Bai, X., et al.: Agro-machinery automatic navigation control system study for precision agriculture applications. In: International Conference on Broadcast Technology and Multimedia Communication, pp. 315–322 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhou, J., Zheng, W., Li, S., et al.: Automatic navigation control system for tractor based on ISO 11783. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 41(4), 184–188 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, N., Shi, J., Li, G.: Study on Active Steering Control Strategy for Steer-by-Wire System. Automobile Applied Technology (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, G., Zhu, S., Li, W., et al.: Simulation and experiment of in-situ steering of large wheel tractor with hinge swing link. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 43(10), 25–30 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Chang, J.: Research on Steering control strategy of the tractor’s hydraulic steering by-wire system. M.S. Thesis, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Luo, X., Zhang, Z., Zhao, Z., et al.: Design of DGPS navigation control system for Dongfanghong X-804 tractor. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Eng. 25(11), 139–145 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Lian, S., Chen, J., Jia, H., et al.: Automatic turning control system of tractor based on PID control. J. Agric. Mechanization Res. 6(6), 211–213 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.You, W.: Design and research on automatic steering control system of tractor seeding operation. M.S. Thesis, Shihezi University, Shihezi (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, C.: The tractor automatic steering control system research and optimization. M.S. Thesis, Shihezi University, Shihezi (2016)Google Scholar