Case Number 36
In this case Xu Shuwei again intervenes in another physician’s diagnosis and intended treatment. This time someone contested Xu’s suggestion that the treatment is wrong. Xu answered by citing the Treatise to support his diagnosis and prescription. This exchange suggests that whoever objected was familiar with the major prescriptions of Cold Damage but did not thoroughly understand the pathology they treat or their effects.
- Li, Shunbao 李順保. 2001. Shanghan lun banben daquan 傷寒論版本大全. Xuefan chubanshe, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Mitchell, Craig, Feng Ye, and Nigel Wiseman. 1999. Shang Han Lun (On Cold Damage); Translation and Commentaries. Brookline, MA: Paradigm Publications.Google Scholar
- Scheid, Volker, Dan Bensky, Andrew Ellis, and Randall Barolet. 2009. Chinese Herbal Medicine: Formulas and Strategies. Seattle: Eastland Press.Google Scholar
- Yu, Bohai 于伯海, et. al. 1997. Shanghan jinkui wenbing mingzhu jicheng 伤寒金匮温病名著集成 [Collected Famous Works on Cold Damage, Golden Casket, and Febrile Disorders]. Beijing, Huaxia chubanshe.Google Scholar
- Yuan, Bin 袁宾. 1997. Song yuyan cidian 宋语言词典 (Dictionary of the language of the Song period). Shanghai: Shanghai Jiaoyu Chubanshe.Google Scholar