Aluminum Matrix Graphene-Reinforced Composite Materials
In this study, due to the enhanced properties of graphene, it was aimed to produce aluminum matrix composite by graphene reinforcement. Several different methods were applied such as lost foam casting, sand casting, die casting, ceramic mold casting and squeeze casting. The incorporation of the graphene was established by only squeeze casting method. Graphene was added by two methods: as layers and in aluminum foils. The produced samples were subjected to bending tests, and it was found that 25% increase in bending strength was achieved by 0.1 wt% graphene addition to A356 alloy.
KeywordsAluminum Graphene Composite Casting
- 1.Campbell J (2015) Complete casting handbook: metal casting processes, metallurgy, techniques and design. Elsevier ScienceGoogle Scholar
- 2.Totten GE, MacKenzie DS (2003) Handbook of aluminum: volume 2: alloy production and materials manufacturing. Handbook of aluminum. CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- 3.Polmear I, StJohn D, Nie JF, Qian M (2017) Light alloys: metallurgy of the light metals. Elsevier ScienceGoogle Scholar
- 5.Aybarc U, Yavuz H, Dispinar D, Seydibeyoglu MO (2018) The use of stirring methods for the production of SiC-reinforced aluminum matrix composite and validation via simulation studies. Int J Met, 1–11Google Scholar
- 6.Aybarc U, Dispinar D, Seydibeyoglu M (2018) Aluminum metal matrix composites with SiC, Al2O3 and graphene–review. Arch Foundry EngGoogle Scholar