Energy Efficiency Maximization with Per-Antenna Power Constraints for Multicell Networks Using D.C. Programming
This paper studies the energy efficiency (EE) optimization problem in multicell wireless networks in which each base station (BS) equipped with multiple antennas serves multiple users at the same time and in the same frequency. The problem of interest is to design the precoders to maximize the network EE subject to practical power constraints at physical layers. The resultant optimization design problem is nonconvex fractional programming and, thus, finding its optimal solution is mathematically challenging. In this paper, we use a combination of difference of convex (d.c.) programming and the Dinkelbach algorithm to iteratively solve the optimization problem. Then, by numerical simulations, we verify the convergence characteristics of the iterative algorithm and examine the EE performance of the system as compared to an spectral efficiency (SE) approach.
KeywordsEnergy efficiency Multicell Precoder design Per-antenna power constraints D.C. programming
This research is funded by Vietnam National University HoChiMinh City (VNU-HCM) under grant number C2017-20-12.
- 1.Cisco: Cisco visual networking index: global mobile data traffic forcast update 2015–2020, March 2016. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_in/innovation/enterprise/assets/mobile-white-paper-c11-520862.pdf
- 7.Huang, Y., Xu, J., Qiu, L.: Energy efficient coordinated beamforming for multi-cell MISO systems. In: IEEE Global Communication Conference GLOBECOM, pp. 2526–2531 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.Sheng, Z., Tuan, H.D., Tam, H.H.M., Nguyen, H.H., Fang, Y.: Energy efficient precoding in multicell networks with full-duplex base stations. EURASIP J. Wirel. Commun. Netw. 2017(48), 13 (2017)Google Scholar
- 18.Chi, P.H., Kha, H.H.: Optimized energy efficiency for multicell MIMO coopearitive systems with user rate constraints. In: 2017 International Symposium Electrical and Electronics Engineering, pp. 212–216, November 2017Google Scholar
- 19.Vu, M.: MIMO capacity with per-antenna power constraint. In: 2011 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 1–5, December 2011Google Scholar
- 20.Tran, L.N., Juntti, M., Bengtsson, M., Ottersten, B.: Successive zero-forcing DPC with per-antenna power constraint: optimal and suboptimal designs. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference Communications ICC, pp. 3746–3751, June 2012Google Scholar
- 23.Grant, M., Boyd, S.: CVX: Matlab software for disciplined convex programming, version 2.1. March 2014. http://cvxr.com/cvx
- 25.Hegde, G., Ramos-Cantor, O.D., Cheng, Y., Pesavento, M.: Optimal resourceblock allocation and muting in heterogeneous networks. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 3581–3585, March 2016Google Scholar