Outage Probability of Cognitive Heterogeneous Networks with Multiple Primary Users and Unreliable Backhaul Connections
A cognitive heterogeneous network with unreliable backhaul connections is studied in this paper. In this system, a macro-base station connected to cloud transmits information to multiple small cells via backhaul links. In addition, multiple small cells acting as secondary transmitters send information to a receiver by sharing the same spectrum with multiple primary users. Bernoulli process is adopted to model the backhaul reliability. Selection combining protocol is used at the receiver side to maximize the received signal-to-noise ratio. We investigate the impacts of the number of small-cells, the number of primary users as well as the backhaul reliability on the system performance, i.e., outage probability in Rayleigh fading channels. Closed-form expressions are derived and asymptotic analysis is also provided.
KeywordsCognitive radio network Wireless unreliable backhaul Heterogeneous network Multiple primary users
This work was supported by the Newton Prize 2017 and by a Research Environment Links grant, ID 339568416, under the Newton Programme Vietnam partnership. The grant is funded by the UK Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and delivered by the British Council. For further information, please visit www.newtonfund.ac.uk/.
- 7.Ali, M.S., Synthia, M.: Performance analysis of JT-CoMP transmission in heterogeneous network over unreliable backhaul. In: 2015 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICEEICT), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Nguyen, H.T., Duong, T.Q., Dobre, O.A., Hwang, W.-J.: Cognitive heterogeneous networks with best relay selection over unreliable backhaul connections. In: 2017 IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Nguyen, H.T., Ha, D.-B., Nguyen, S.Q., Hwang, W.-J.: Cognitive heterogeneous networks with unreliable backhaul connections. Mob. Netw. Appl., 1–14 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, H., Kwak, K.S.: Outage probability of finite-sized selective relaying systems with unreliable backhauls. In: 2017 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC), pp. 1232–1237. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 19.Yin, C., Doan, T.X., Nguyen, N.-P., Mai, T., Nguyen, L.D.: Outage probability of full-duplex cognitive relay networks with partial relay selection. In: International Conference on Recent Advances in Signal Processing, Telecommunications & Computing (SigTelCom), pp. 115–118. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.Huang, H., Li, Z., Si, J.: Multi-source multi-relay underlay cognitive radio networks with multiple primary users. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 7558–7563. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 25.Tran, H., Duong, T.Q., Zepernick, H.-J.: Performance analysis of cognitive relay networks under power constraint of multiple primary users. In: 2011 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2011), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 27.Jeffrey, A., Zwillinger, D.: Table of Integrals, Series, and Products. Academic press, Cambridge (2007)Google Scholar