Interactive 3D Representation as a Method of Investigating Information Graph Features
An algorithm information graph is a structure of wide variety. It can tell a lot about algorithm features, such as computational complexity and resource of parallelism, as well as about sequential operations blocks within an algorithm. Graphs of different algorithms often share similar regular structures — their presence is an indicator of potentially similar algorithm behavior. Convenient, interactive 3D representation of an information graph is a decent method of researching it; it can demonstrate algorithm characteristics listed above and its structural features. In this article we investigate an approach to creating such representations, implement it using our AlgoView system and give examples of using a resulting tool.
KeywordsInformation graph Parallelism AlgoWiki AlgoView Level parallel form
The results described in Sects. 1, 2 and 4 were obtained in Lomonosov Moscow State University with the financial support of the Russian Science Foundation (Agreement № 14–11–00190). The research is carried out using the equipment of the shared research facilities of HPC computing resources at Lomonosov Moscow State University supported by the project RFMEFI62117X0011.
- 1.Voevodin, V., Voevodin, Vl.: Parallel Computing. BHV-Petersburg, St. Petersburg (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Open Encyclopedia of Parallel Algorithmic Features. http://algowiki-project.org/en. Accessed 13 Apr 2018
- 8.Antonov, A., Voevodin, V., Voevodin, Vl., Teplov, A.: A study of the dynamic characteristics of software implementation as an essential part for a universal description of algorithm properties. In: 24th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing Proceedings, pp. 359–363, 17–19 February 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/PDP.2016.24
- 10.Householder (reflections) method for the QR decomposition of a square matrix, real point-wise version. http://algowiki-project.org/en/Householder_(reflections)_method_for_the_QR_decomposition_of_a_ square_matrix,_real_point-wise_version. Accessed 13 Apr 2018
- 11.Givens method. http://algowiki-project.org/en/Givens_method. Accessed 13 Apr 2018
- 12.Dense matrix multiplication (serial version for real matrices). http://algowiki-project.org/en/Dense_matrix_multiplication_(serial_version_for_real_matrices). Accessed 13 Apr 2018