Evaluation of Technological Properties of Soil-Cement Blocks Using Experimental Design of Mixtures
The soil-cement blocks are an innovative technology that aims at the construction of masonry without the need of coating, adopting the modality of block modules. In addition, they are more sustainable for the fact that they are not burned, where the energy is smaller and less release of gases into the atmosphere. The objective of this work is the ratio of soil types (called A, B and C), extracted from the different fields of the municipality of Campos dos Goytacazes (by simplex methodology), in order to optimize the mixture and obtain the best technological conditions as compression strength and water absorption in blocks of soil-cement. As a result of this work, it was observed that, through the characterization, the soils show potential for the production of soil-cement blocks, besides determining the proportion of 32% of soil A, 37% of soil B and 31% of soil C being optimization of the evaluated properties.
KeywordsSoil Sustainable Mixtures
The authors thank the Brazilian agencies CNPq, CAPES and FAPERJ for the support provided to this investigation.
- 1.Carvalho A, Xavier CG, Alexandre J, Pedroti LG, Azevedo ARG, Vieira CMF, Monteiro CMF, Monteiro SN (2014) Environmental durability of soil-cement block incorporated with ornamental stone waste. Mater Sci Forum (Online) 798–799:548–553. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.798-799.548CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.França BR, Azevedo A R G, Monteiro SN, Garcia Filho FDC, Marvila M T, Alexandre J, Zanelato EB (2018) Durability of soil-cement blocks with the incorporation of limestone residues from the processing of marble. Mater Res 21(Suppl. 1), e20171118. Epub June 04. https://doi.org/10.1590/1980-5373-mr-2017-1118
- 6.Ramos IS, Alves MG, Alexandre J (2006) Diagnosis of the ceramic pole of Campos dos Goytacazes-RJ. Cerâmica Ind Brasil 11(01):1–5 (in Portuguese)Google Scholar
- 7.Silva BM, Pedroza ES, Oliveira VPS (2009) Chemical characterization of the soil of clay digs in Paraíba aiming at the restoration of legal reserve areas (In Portuguese). Water Resources Seminar of the Paraíba do Sul River Basin: Recovery of Degraded Areas, Environmental Services and Sustainability, Taubaté, Brazil, 09–11 dezembro 2009, IPABHi, pp 625–632Google Scholar
- 11.Brazilian Association of Technical Standards - ABNT (Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas) (2013) NBR 10836—soil-cement block—dimensional analysis, compressive strength determination and water absorption—test method. ABNT, Rio de JaneiroGoogle Scholar