Influence of Cr2O3 and Basicity on Viscosity of Ti-Bearing Blast Furnace Slag
The influence of Cr2O3 and basicity on the viscosity of CaO–SiO2-15 wt% Al2O3-9 wt% MgO-22 wt% TiO2–Cr2O3 slag was investigated in the temperature range of 1673–1773 K. The viscosity decreased with increasing basicity at fixed content of Cr2O3 due to the depolymerization of silicon structure. At a fixed content of basicity, the viscosity decreased with increasing Cr2O3 when the mass percentage of Cr2O3 was below 1%. Different models were also used to predict the effect of Cr2O3 on the viscosity of blast furnace slag, and the results show that the optical basicity model agrees well with the experimental values. With the initial addition of Cr2O3 content, the slag melting temperature increased from 1660 to 1673 K. When the basicity increased from 1.0 to 1.2, the slag melting temperature increased from 1655 to 1720 K.
KeywordsViscosity Cr2O3 Basicity Ti-bearing slag
The work described in this paper was supported by a grant from the Natural Science Foundation of China (Project no. 51674055).
- 1.Yang Y (2014) Northeastern UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 2.Deng J, Xue X, Liu G (2007) J Mater Metall 6:83–86Google Scholar
- 3.Peng B, Wu G, Dai B, Zhang P, Zhang L (2012) Metal materials and metallurgical engineering, pp 18–21Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang YZ, Yan MS, Xiang L, Yin JC, Tao W (2005) J Mater Metall 253–255Google Scholar
- 6.Banya S (1988) Iron and steel institute of Japan, Tokyo, vol 4Google Scholar
- 7.Fang L, Guofan Z (2006) Henan Metall 14:11–13Google Scholar
- 8.Park JH, Min DJ, SH S (2004) Metall Mater Trans B 35:269–275Google Scholar
- 9.Ohno A,. Ross HU (1963) Canadian metallurgical quarterly, pp 259–279(221)Google Scholar
- 11.Xu RZ, Zhang JL, Wang ZY, Jiao KX (2017) Steel Res Int 88Google Scholar