fASSERT: A Fuzzy Assistive System for Children with Autism Using Internet of Things
This work presents an assistive system for child with autism spectrum disorder (C-ASD). The main objective of this system is to reduce dependency on the caregiver and parent and thereby assisting them to make independent. Fuzzy logic based expert system is designed for the assisting system which will help in intervention strategies. The system collects data from four different sensors, such as GPS, heart beat, accelerometer and sound, and generates required notification for the parent, caregiver and C-ASD. The wearables-specifically smart watches- can be used to implement such system. A case study shows the proposed expert system is able to help the C-ASD to restore dysfunction.
KeywordsFuzzy set Knowledge base Wearable devices Caregiver Brain disorder
- 1.Ahmed, I.U., Hassan, N., Rashid, H.: Solar powered smart wearable health monitoring and tracking device based on GPS and GSM technology for children with autism. In: Proceedings of ICAEE, pp. 111–116 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Alwakeel, S., Alhalabi, B., Aggoune, H., Alwakeel, M.: A machine learning based WSN system for autism activity recognition. In: Proceedings of ICMLA, pp. 771–776 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Min, C.: Automatic detection and labeling of self-stimulatory behavioral patterns in children with autism. In: Proceedings of IEEE-EMBC, pp. 279–282 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Min, C.H., Tewfik, A.: Automatic characterization and detection of behavioral patterns using linear predictive coding of accelerometer sensor data. In: Proceedings of IEEE-EMBC, pp. 220–2233 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Sula, A., Spaho, E.: Using assistive technologies in autism care centers to support children develop communication and language skills. A case study: Albania. Acad. J. Interdiscip. Stud. 3(1), 203–212 (2014)Google Scholar