Conclusions: Culture, Ownership and Class
This concluding chapter critically assesses the successes and limitations to date of supporter ownership in English football, taking in the range of case studies and dynamic social, political, economic and cultural contexts covered in this book. The overall aim is not to assign blame for any weaknesses or failures, but to learn valuable lessons from which the supporter ownership movement, in whatever form it takes, can go from strength to strength.
- Brady, R. (2006). An Undividable Glow. Manchester: Robert Brady.Google Scholar
- Cleland, J. (2017). The English Premier League in a Global Context. In R. Elliott (Ed.), The English Premier League: A Socio-Cultural Analysis. Abingdon: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Conn, D. (2018, May 2). ‘It Is an Absolute Travesty’: Chesterfield’s Fall from Football League. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/02/chesterfield-relegation-from-football-league.
- Dilworth, D. (2018, August 31). City Football Group: Globalisation and Conflicts of Interest. Supporters Direct. https://supporters-direct.org/articles/city-football-group-globalisation-and-conflicts-of-interest.
- Garcia, B., & Zheng, J. (2017). Football and Supporter Activism in Europe: Whose Game Is It? Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Marx, K. (1977). Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844. In D. McLellan (Ed.), Karl Marx: Selected Writings. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- O’Neill, J.-P. (2017). Red Rebels: The Glazers and the FC Revolution. London: Yellow Jersey Press.Google Scholar
- Sandvoss, C. (2003). A Game of Two Halves: Football, Television and Globalization. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Supporters Direct. (2013). Supporter Share Ownership: Recommendations on How to Increase Supporter Ownership in Football. London: Supporters Direct.Google Scholar
- Whitehead, D. (2006). AFC Bournemouth—Community Club… or Con? In D. Brimson (Ed.), Rebellion: The Inside Story of Football’s Protest Movement. London: John Blake.Google Scholar