An Improved BTK Algorithm Based on Cell-Like P System with Active Membranes
BTK algorithm is an efficient algorithm for mining top-rank-k frequent patterns. It proposes new tree and list structures to store the information, employs subsume index concept, early pruning strategy and threshold raising method to reduce the search space. In this paper, a fast BTK algorithm, called CP-BTK algorithm is proposed, which is based on cell-like P system with active membranes. Cell-like P system is new computing model inspired from biological cells, operations in cell-like P system are distributed and parallel, so it can save time and improve the efficiency of algorithm greatly. And finally a example is given to illustrate the practicability and effectiveness of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsPattern mining Top-rank-k frequent patterns Cell-like P system Membrane computing
Project is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China(nos.61472231, 61502283, 61640201, 61170038), Social Science Foundation of Shandong Province, China (nos.16BGLJ06, 11CGLJ22), Ministry of Education of Humanities and Social Science Research Project, China (12YJA630152).
- 2.Han, J.W., Pei, J., Yin, Y.W.: Mining frequent patterns without candidate generation:a frequent-pattern tree approach. Data Min. Knowl. Discov. 8(1), 53–87 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Tasy, Y.J., Chiang, J.Y.: Cbar: an efficient method for mining association rules. Knowl.-Based Syst. 18(2–3), 99–105 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Zaki, M.J., Gouda, K.: Fast vertical mining using diffsets. In: ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 326–335 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Zaki, M.J., Parthasarathy, S., Ogihara, M., Li, W.: New algorithms for fast discovery of association rules. In: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 283–286 (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang, G., Rong, H., Cheng, J., Qin, Y.: A population membrane-system-inspired evolutionary algorithm for distribution network reconfiguration. Chin. J. Electron. 23(3), 437–441 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Deng, Z.H., Fang, G.D.: Mining top-rank-k frequent patterns. In: International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 851–856 (2007)Google Scholar
- 18.Zandron, C., Ferretti, C., Mauri G.: Solving np-complete problems using p systems with active membranes. In: International Conference on Unconventional MODELS of Computation, pp. 289–301 (2000)Google Scholar
- 19.Xiyu, L., Yuzhen, Z., Minghe, S.: An improved apriori algorithm based on an evolution-communication tissue-like p system with promoters and inhibitors. Discret. Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2017(1), 1–11 (2017)Google Scholar