Plasticity or the Great Unknown
The two definitions of plasticity in ceramics and how to measure deformation pressure and rupture strength. Which factors determine the plasticity of a ceramic body? About two relevant methods to detect the consistency and extrudability of ceramic bodies and the relation of these term with plasticity.
KeywordsPlasticity Deformation pressure Rupture strength Kneading curve Extrudability
- 1.W.E. Brownell, Structural clay products (Springer Verlag, New York, 1970)Google Scholar
- 2.T. Haase, Die Bildsamkeit plastischer keramischer Massen. Berichte der DKG 34, 27–33 (1957)Google Scholar
- 3.W.G. Lawrence (ed.), Clay Water Systems (Alfred University, New York, 1965)Google Scholar
- 4.F. Moore, Rheology of Ceramic Systems (Maclaren & sons, London, 1965)Google Scholar
- 5.P.C.F. Møller, et al.,Yield stress and thixotropy: on the difficulty of measuring yield stresses in practice. Soft Matter. Roy. Soc. Chem. (2006)Google Scholar