Construction of Some Codes Suitable for Both Side Channel and Fault Injection Attacks
Using algebraic curves over finite fields, we construct some codes suitable for being used in the countermeasure called Direct Sum Masking which allows, when properly implemented, to protect the whole cryptographic block cipher algorithm against side channel attacks and fault injection attacks, simultaneously. These codes address a problem which has its own interest in coding theory.
KeywordsSCA FIA MDS code Algebraic geometry code
Güneri and Özbudak are supported by the TÜBİTAK project 215E200, which is associated with the SECODE project in the scope of the CHIST-ERA Program. Carlet and Mesnager are also supported by the SECODE Project.
- 1.Bhasin, S., Danger, J.-L., Guilley, S., Najm, Z., Ngo, X.T.: Linear complementary dual code improvement to strengthen encoded circuit against hardware Trojan horses. In: IEEE International Symposium on Hardware Oriented Security and Trust (HOST), 5–7 May 2015Google Scholar
- 3.Carlet, C., Daif, A., Guilley, S., Tavernier, C.: Polynomial direct sum masking to protect against both SCA and FIA. J. Cryptogr. Eng. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13389-018-0194-9
- 6.Carlet, C., Güneri, C., Özbudak, F., Özkaya, B., Solé, P.: On linear complementary pairs of codes. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, to appearGoogle Scholar
- 9.Carlet, C., Mesnager, S., Tang, C., Qi, Y.: New characterization and parametrization of LCD codes. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. To appear. https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.03217
- 11.Ding, C., Li, C., Li, S.: LCD Cyclic codes over finite fields. arXiv:1608. 0217v1 [cs.IT]
- 14.Li, S., Ding, C., Liu, H.: A family of reversible BCH codes. arXiv:1608.02169v1 [cs.IT]
- 15.Li, S., Ding, C., Liu, H.: Parameters of two classes of LCD BCH codes. arXiv:1608.02670 [cs.IT]
- 18.SECODE Project Report: Preliminary assesment of the candidate codes with respect to fault injection attacks, December 2017Google Scholar