Process Mining of Periodic Rating Scale Survey Data Using Analytic Hierarchy Process
The main purpose of our research is to propose original algorithm to evaluate the dynamic behavior of processes from the survey data collected with the help of periodically repeated surveys based on Likert scale questions. This approach supposes the usage of AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process) for assessment the factors influencing the process behavior. Our idea is to use the aggregated periodic rating scale data as alternatives inputs for AHP evaluation. The practical usefulness of proposed process quality evaluation technique was proved by examining particular Polish rehabilitation hospital service quality changes over time frame from 2008 to 2017.
KeywordsProcess mining Healthcare system AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process) Likert scale
This work was performed within the framework of the COST action “European Network for cost containment and improved quality of health care” http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA15222, and was also supported by funding from National Science Centre, Poland (grant number: 2015/17/B/HS4/02747).
- Subedi, B.P.: Using Likert type data in social science research: confusion, issues and challenges. Int. J. Contemp. Appl. Sci. 3(2), 36–49 (2016)Google Scholar
- Ishizaka, A., Labib, A.: Review of the main developments in the analytic hierarchy process. Expert Syst. Appl. 38(11), 14336–14345 (2011)Google Scholar
- Murray, J.: Likert data: what to use, parametric or non-parametric? Int. J. Bus. Soc. Sci. 4(11), 258–264 (2013)Google Scholar
- Measuring U. https://measuringu.com/interpret-responses/ (2018)
- Saaty, T.L.: The Analytical Hierarchy Process. McGraw Hill, New York (1980)Google Scholar