Concluding Discussion: Poetic Reason and Expressive Subjectivity
In the preceding chapters, it has been shown how Zambrano’s experiences of exile led her to develop an exile ontology in which the human being is part of being through continous expression. In this concluding discussion Zambrano’s concept of sentir originario, originary sensing, is discussed and related to her poetic reason. It is first shown how the idea of originary sensing was modelled on Kant’s notion of reflective judgement. It is then argued that the categories of experience in the formed subject are both generated and acquired, and that subjectivity is nothing but a specific relational form in the intersection between embodied expressions. It is finally concluded that the poetic reason can be understood as the critical investigation into the conditions of possibility of the human (and non-human) transcendental functions that take part in being by recreation and embodiment through expression.
- Enquist Källgren, K. 2015. Political Personas and the Fundaments of Democratic Society, on the Ethical Ontology of María Zambrano. Ideas in History 2: 65–84.Google Scholar
- Kant, I. 2007. Critique of Judgement. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Kant, I. 2015. Critique of Practical Reason. Cambridge: Cambridge Univeristy Press. e-Book. http://dx.doi.org.ezproxy.ub.gu.se/10.1017/CBO9781316136478.009.
- Longuenesse, B. 1999. Kant and the Capacity to Judge. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Longuenesse, B. 2000. Kant’s Categories and the Capacity to Judge: Responses to Henry Allison and Sally Sedgwick. Inquiry: and Interdisciplinary Journal of Philosophy 43 (1): 91–110. https://doi.org/10.1080/002017400321398.
- Muñoz Victoria, F. 2011. Presentación. In María Zambrano, Obras completas III, ed. Jesús Moreno Sanz, 829–840. Barcelona: Galaxia Gutenberg.Google Scholar
- Sedgwick, S. 2000. Longuenesse on Kant and the Priority of the Capacity to Judge. Inquiry 43 (1): 81–90.Google Scholar
- Zambrano, M. 2011a. El Hombre y lo Divino. In Obras completas III, ed. Jesús Moreno Sanz. Barcelona: Galaxia Gutenberg.Google Scholar
- Zambrano, M. 2011b. Los Sueños y el tiempo. In Obras completas III, ed. Jesús Moreno Sanz. Barcelona: Galaxia Gutenberg.Google Scholar
- Zambrano, M. 2018a. Claros del bosque. In Obras completas IV:I, ed. Jesús Moreno Sanz. Barcelona: Galaxia Gutenberg.Google Scholar
- Zambrano, M. 2019a. Notas de un método. In Obras completas IV:II, ed. Jesús Moreno Sanz. Barcelona: Galaxia Gutenberg.Google Scholar
- Zambrano, M. M-462:0550. “La genesis del horizonte, la convergencia”.Google Scholar