The MPPT Command for a PV System Comparative Study: Fuzzy Control Based on Logic with the Command “P&O”
The photovoltaic system is able to provide a maximum power to the load to a point of particular operation which is usually called as the maximum point of power (MPP); thus, it is important to use a maximum power point trackers (MPPT) to achieve the photovoltaic maximum power nevertheless the unsteady environmental conditions. The (P&O) algorithm has used to be a classical solution for the purpose of tracking the maximum power, however, there are several drawbacks in this technique such as it causes an oscillation nearby the maximum power point. To overcome the existing problems in the classical method a lot of researches have been done.
This article provides an intelligent method to improve and optimize the performance of the maximum power point tracker associated with the PV array with the help of fuzzy logic technology, as well as compare its behavior by report has other techniques (P&O) used in the photovoltaic systems controls. The simulation results are developed under MATLAB/Simulink software. An extensive simulation have been done and compared with the traditional (P&O) technique under various climatic conditions to provide the effectiveness of the proposed controller.
KeywordsThe PV system Maximum power point tracking MPPT The perturbation and observation (P&O) Fuzzy logic controller (FLC) Matlab/Simulink
- 1.Pradeep Kumar Yadav, A., Thirumaliah, S., Haritha, G.: Comparison of MPPT algorithms for DC–DC converters based PV systems. 1(1) (2012). ISSN: 2278–8875 Google Scholar
- 3.Abbes, H., Abid, H., Loukil, K., Toumi, A., Abid, M.: Comparative study of five algorithms of MPPT control for a photovoltaic system, (CIER’13) Sousse, Tunisie (2013). ISSN 2356-5608Google Scholar
- 4.Takun, P., Kaitwanidvilai, S., Jettanasen, C.: Maximum Power Point Tracking using Fuzzy Logic Control for Photovoltaic Systems. IMECS, Hong Kong (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Balasubramanian, G., Singaravelu, S.: Fuzzy logic controller for the maximum power point tracking in photovoltaic system. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 41(12), 22–28 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Karthika, S., Velayutham, K., Rathika, P., Devarai, D.: Fuzzy logic based maximum power point tracking designed for 10 kW solar photovoltaic system with different membership functions. World Acad. Sci. Eng. Technol. Int. J. Electric. Comput. Eng. 8(6), 1013–1018 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Balamurugan, T., Manoharan, S., Sheeba, P., Savithri, M.: Design photovoltaic array with boost converter using fuzzy logic controller 3(2), 444–456 (2012) Google Scholar
- 9.Harsha, P.P., Dhanya, P.M., Karthika, K. (2013) Simulation & proposed hardware implementation of MP controller for a solar PV system. Int. J. Adv. Electric. Electron. Eng. (IJAEEE) 2Google Scholar
- 10.Abbes, H., Abid, H., Loukil, K.: An improved MPPT incremental conductance algorithm using T-S fuzzy system for photovoltaic panel. IJRER 5(1), 160–167 (2015)Google Scholar