Design of Stand-Alone PV System to Provide Electricity for a House in Adrar, Algeria
This paper presents a design of stand-alone photovoltaic (PV) system to generate electricity in a house in Adrar, 1 year recorded solar radiation is used for the design of PV solar energy system. The proposed system takes into account the meteorological data of the site of Adrar and the needs of electric charge of the house; in 2015 annual average solar energy resource available is 6.45 KWh/m2/day and energy which are consumed by electrical house loads in a course of 1 year is 2575.07 kWh. The paper provides a general understanding of a photovoltaic system to electrify individual housing in rural areas and how can be practically applied solar energy to power the house.
KeywordsSolar energy PV systems Power Stand-alone
The authors thank the team Potential Solar Energy and Wind, Photovoltaic Conversion Division, Research Unit in Renewable Energies in the Saharan Medium for provide the meteorological data.
- 1.Belmili, H., Ayad, M., Berkouk, E.M., Haddadi, M.: Optimisation de dimensionnement des installations photovoltaïques autonomes—Exemples d’applications, éclairage et pompage au fil du soleil. In: Revue des Energies Renouvelables CICME’08 Sousse, pp. 27–39 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Ministry of energy and mines.Algeria. Guidelines to renewable energies. In: Edition 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Abdulateef, J., Sopian, K., Kader, W., Bais, B., Sirwan, R., Bakhtyar, B., Saadatian, O.: Economic analysis of a stand-alone PV system to electrify a residential home in Malaysia. In: Heat Transfer, Thermal Engineering and Environment; Advances in fluid mechanics & Heat & Mass Transfer. by WSEAS, Greece, pp. 169–174 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Leonics: How to design solar PV system, April 2016. http://www.leonics.com/support/article2_12j/articles2_12j_en.php. Accessed 3 April 2016
- 8.Activity Report Research: Sizing the PV system. Unit of Research in Renewable Energies in Saharan Medium Adrar (2009)Google Scholar