Demo: Co-simulation of UAVs with INTO-CPS and PVSio-web
This demo shows our ongoing work on the co-simulation of co-operative Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The work is based on the INTO-CPS co-simulation engine, which adopts the widely accepted Functional Mockup Interface (FMI) standard for co-simulation, and the PVSioweb prototyping tool, that extends a system simulator based on the PVS logic language with a web-based graphical interface. Simple scenarios of Quadcopters with assigned different tasks, such as rendez-vous and space coverage, are shown. We assumed a linearized dynamic model for Quadcopters formalized in OpenModelica, and a linearized set of equations for the flight control module written in C language. The co-ordination algorithm is modeled in PVS, while PVSio-web is used for graphical rendering of the co-simulation.
The authors would like to thank Paolo Masci for the stimulating discussion on visual interfacing for co-simulation.
- 2.Blochwitz, T., et al.: Functional mockup interface 2.0: the standard for tool independent exchange of simulation models. In: Proceedings of the 9th International MODELICA Conference, 3–5 September 2012, Munich, Germany, no. 076, pp. 173–184. Linköping University Electronic Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Fritzson, P.: Modelica - a cyber-physical modeling language and the OpenModelica environment, pp. 1648–1653. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Kuriki, Y., Namerikawa, T.: Consensus-based cooperative formation control with collision avoidance for a multi-UAV system. In: 2014 American Control Conference, pp. 2077–2082, June 2014Google Scholar
- 5.Larsen, P.G., et al.: Integrated tool chain for model-based design of cyber-physical systems: the INTO-CPS project. In: 2016 2nd International Workshop on Modelling, Analysis, and Control of Complex CPS (CPS Data), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Oladimeji, P., Masci, P., Curzon, P., Thimbleby, H.: PVSio-web: a tool for rapid prototyping device user interfaces in PVS. In: FMIS 2013 5th International Workshop on Formal Methods for Interactive Systems, London, UK, 24 June 2013Google Scholar
- 8.Owre, S., Shankar, N., Rushby, J.M., Stringer-Calvert, D.W.J.: PVS language reference, version 2.4. Technical report, SRI International Computer Science Laboratory, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA (2001)Google Scholar